Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 100, Launch Edition R1T, Mustang Mach
Occupation
IT Consultant
Hello All!
Longtime lurker here (since I placed my order this past January), but never had to much of a reason to post.

However, I recently spotted something I think some might find interesting. I was watching this YouTube video Rivian R1T First Ride, 0-60 Run (Actually 70mph +), Off Road - Production Electric Truck - YouTube, which is not too exciting. Except, at the very end I believe there is an interesting UI bug. At 11:48 you can see it clearly on the screen (a red box saying "Emergency Services"). You can also hear a phone ringing, followed by "please wait for the next available agent." You can also hear the Rivian driver call over one of his colleagues and say "we have a bug." I'm guessing the truck must have thought they were in a collision and automatically called some emergency number. Maybe in a production environment this would call 911, but is set to call Rivian in this truck for a situation like this?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OnStar doesn't call 911 either. It calls OnStar. It's how they get around the legal requirements for maintaining 911 service when you aren't subscribed.

OP
OP

majorfriend

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 100, Launch Edition R1T, Mustang Mach
Occupation
IT Consultant
OnStar doesn't call 911 either. It calls OnStar. It's how they get around the legal requirements for maintaining 911 service when you aren't subscribed.
That's interesting, did not know that. But I don't understand why the truck was calling in the first place.
Sponsored