Trip Accuracy Issues

ch33rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 turbo S/Fisker Ocean reservation/Altima
Occupation
Finance
I've seen other people's trip meters and for the most part, it seems to tie out correctly when you look at total distance traveled and energy consumed, often coming pretty close to the reported efficiency in mi/kwh as calculated by the vehicle. However on my r1t the math isnt tying out. Now i will say that despite being configured for 20in a/t, i actually have on 22 in sport brights, so the mileage is actually reporting a tad high. Based on a short 48 total indicated miles i calc'd that the mileage is reporting ~2.78% higher than the true gps mileage of 46.7. (i'm using my phone gps to track actual miles). I then looked at the trip stats and show the following:

Rivian R1T R1S Trip Accuracy Issues trip A.JPG

Mostly all purpose 80% of the time, conserve about 20%. Avg freeway speed was around 70mph, with about 80% of the trip on the freeway and 20% through the suburbs. Temp was in the upper 70's.

the math suggest something closer to almost 5mi/kwh efficiency which i know is false. Even with the difference in configured vs actual wheel sizes, at most the difference should be about 3% off, right? Is there something wrong with my vehicle calc'ing the total energy used? Is anyone else seeing strange trip reports with efficiency?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Older software had this issue, I believe it was fixed.

OP
OP

ch33rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Ahh that makes sense. I’m still on a 2022.x software build.

Timothykf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt; 2022 R1T Forrest/Black
I generally feel the indicated milage is over stated. My R1T is 7 months old and I'm over 14k miles already. I can confirm the the speedometer indicates 2-3 mph over speed when driving at 35mph and above, ie. 45 actual - 47 indicated, 75 actual -78 indicated. I have the stock 21" tires

OP
OP

ch33rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
I just got a 2023.x build pushed to me last night. It’s not the most recent update but it did fix my trip accuracy. My Speedo does read a little high, partially due to having different sized wheels that what was originally configured but I read somewhere that this was intentional and that your true vehicle odometer is compensating and reporting true mileage.
Sponsored