Sponsored

Transcon R1T Shipping

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I'll be shipping my R1T nearly across the country next year and trying to get some pros and cons with specific companies. It's been about 10 years since I shipped a vehicle and I remember I basically went through a broker who found the cheapest driver available going from point A to point B. I was bombarded with phone calls and emails from different companies and it was a pain the a**! It might not be avoidable, but I don't want to go through the same process as before. Does anyone have any recommendations for shipping my truck across the country? I'd like to price out the difference between covered and uncovered simply because of the length of haul.
Sponsored

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
My girl friend does dispatch for a trucking company. The one she’s with now is mainly refrigerated loads but the company she used to be with was all different sorts. If you give me a list of specific questions I can ask her and see if she knows the answer to em

OP
OP
PoorPilot

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

My girl friend does dispatch for a trucking company. The one she’s with now is mainly refrigerated loads but the company she used to be with was all different sorts. If you give me a list of specific questions I can ask her and see if she knows the answer to em
PM Sent

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
East coast or west? Also is she a broker or dispatch for a big trucking company? I always need good prices on reefer loads about 4 times a week

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
In the US, use reliable or pilot.

In canada, TFX or Thorsens

these are the companies OEMs use for shipping prototypes, show cars, demo fleets, etc.

Sponsored

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
East coast or west? Also is she a broker or dispatch for a big trucking company? I always need good prices on reefer loads about 4 times a week
She’s on the west coast but does nation wide. Also Canada to us or vice versa.
The company name is cpx.

she’s in dispatch

Last edited:

Fred6v

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi avant, VW Tiguan
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Try Car-go automotive group. Tom Dishong 800.557.8992 real straight shooter, used for my SUV: Boston to AZ couple times and AZ to Boston. Tell him you were referred by Fred of the broken leg 😃

OP
OP
PoorPilot

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Try Car-go automotive group. Tom Dishong 800.557.8992 real straight shooter, used for my SUV: Boston to AZ couple times and AZ to Boston. Tell him you were referred by Fred of the broken leg 😃
Awesome, thanks!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I buy and sell classic cars valued higher than the R1T and I would never use the lowest bidder or use a broker like Montway.

Use a small broker or contact an independent driver. Also pay for covered carrier not open if you value your paint and glass.

Fotoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 R1T, 2020 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Management
Can definitely be a nightmare when you get the deluge of calls/emails. When I've done it in the past I use a google voice ph# and a temp email for contact info so I don't get my cell and email cluttered up. For what it's worth, I've used A-1 Auto Trans in the past and have had generally good experiences with them. Always good to explore your options though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PoorPilot

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@PoorPilot would love to know who you went with and what it cost, if you don’t mind sharing!
Unfortunately I haven’t made the move yet, so I don’t have any updates. I spoke with a few companies and because it was 6-7 months out, they couldn’t, or possibly didn’t want to, commit to a price or estimate for me. I’m going to start reaching out again in the next few weeks to see what kind of response I get.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Unfortunately I haven’t made the move yet, so I don’t have any updates. I spoke with a few companies and because it was 6-7 months out, they couldn’t, or possibly didn’t want to, commit to a price or estimate for me. I’m going to start reaching out again in the next few weeks to see what kind of response I get.
I’ve had good success with montway when shipping my 911 cross country. Enclosed, brokered, same driver, trailer the entire way.

https://www.montway.com/

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Yeah this is something you purchase shortly before shipment.
Sponsored