Trade In's.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Just an FYI, I am replacing two vehicles with my Rivian (an on road EV and an offroad ICE). I contacted CS to see if it was possible to trade both vehicles on the Rivian. Their response was that you can only trade one.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Just an FYI, I am replacing two vehicles with my Rivian (an on road EV and an offroad ICE). I contacted CS to see if it was possible to trade both vehicles on the Rivian. Their response was that you can only trade one.
Greg,

Easy solution: Buy two Rivians.

You're welcome. ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That’s an interesting tax bummer in some States.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
For sure! But they could very well get enough additional value by selling through other means that the tax loss isn't really a loss at all.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Yeah, so now I have a dilemma. Trade in on my Tesla will likely be closer to its actual market value than my 4Runner which has quite a bit of customization that the trade-in market doesn’t assign much value to but the open market does. But the Tesla is worth about half what the 4Runner is. Compounding things is that I don’t drive the Tesla much in the winter, so it’ll likely just sit for much of the time between now and when I get my R1T. So which one to sell and which one to trade? ? I should probably just go ahead and sell the Tesla now. Where’s that “fill the gap vehicle” thread…

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Yeah, so now I have a dilemma. Trade in on my Tesla will likely be closer to its actual market value than my 4Runner which has quite a bit of customization that the trade-in market doesn’t assign much value to but the open market does. But the Tesla is worth about half what the 4Runner is. Compounding things is that I don’t drive the Tesla much in the winter, so it’ll likely just sit for much of the time between now and when I get my R1T. So which one to sell and which one to trade? ? I should probably just go ahead and sell the Tesla now. Where’s that “fill the gap vehicle” thread…
I wouldn't sell anything until you have a nice long chat with your guide and dates are provided.

disneydad

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
automotive designer/fabricator
I’m not plugging anything here, but I spoke with a dealer friend of mine and he said to use givemethevin.com and I got $5k more than I paid for my truck back in 2019. Easiest transaction I’ve ever had…patiently waiting for my r1t
Sponsored