Sponsored

Touch Up Paint - Does it match?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Launch Green clearly doesnt. I've reached out to support to see if they can send me a replacement. Not sure if I got a bad batch or its really this off.

Anyone get the touch up paint in LG or another other color and see if it matches?

Rivian R1T R1S Touch Up Paint - Does it match? IMG_5281
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Within spec...

Kunzene

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Clubs

I’ve got Launch Green and the touch-up pen matches. I think you got a bad one.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Launch Green clearly doesnt. I've reached out to support to see if they can send me another one. Not sure if I got an off batch or its really this off. I'm leaning towards the former unfortunately.

Anyone get the touch up paint in LG or another other color for that matter and see if it matches?

IMG_5281.png

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/rivian/r1t#pf-year=2023&pf-color=215009

Full disclosure, I'm very much tied to this company. I can tell you that we've sold Launch Green more than 30 times and have not received any color match issues. I can also tell you that there's a Color Match Guarantee...if it does not work as expected, we'll refund you.

And one last thing to mention...the Rivian touch up paint is not great. It's an old lacquer based system that they do not even offer Clearcoat for. I was going to post a Youtube video on this topic because it's so poorly handled and low level of product, but I didn't want to sound like I was just trashing Rivian. Every new vehicle is painted in a basecoat/clearcoat system and any touchup should also be made that way.

I have an R1T with 10,000 miles, I like the company, I like the truck...I'm not just here trolling or trying to sell something. Mods, please delete if this post is not allowed and let me know as I don't want to cause any issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I’ve got Launch Green and the touch-up pen matches. I think you got a bad one.
ok cool. would you mind posting a pic so i can see how well it matches or how unwell mine does? id like to send it to support and see if they can ship a replacement

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/rivian/r1t#pf-year=2023&pf-color=215009

Full disclosure, I'm very much tied to this company. I can tell you that we've sold Launch Green more than 30 times and have not received any color match issues. I can also tell you that there's a Color Match Guarantee...if it does not work as expected, we'll refund you.

And one last thing to mention...the Rivian touch up paint is not great. It's an old lacquer based system that they do not even offer Clearcoat for. I was going to post a Youtube video on this topic because it's so poorly handled and low level of product, but I didn't want to sound like I was just trashing Rivian. Every new vehicle is painted in a basecoat/clearcoat system and any touchup should also be made that way.

I have an R1T with 10,000 miles, I like the company, I like the truck...I'm not just here trolling or trying to sell something. Mods, please delete if this post is not allowed and let me know as I don't want to cause any issues.
thanks for that insight. how do i go about getting a refund? is it through you guys or through Rivian?

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
thanks for that insight. how do i go about getting a refund? is it through you guys or through Rivian?
The link I sent you is the www.touchupdirect.com website and my post was regarding the TouchUpDirect Color Match Guarantee. We have nothing to do with the Rivian branded touch up paint.đź‘Ť

Kunzene

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Clubs

ok cool. would you mind posting a pic so i can see how well it matches or how unwell mine does? id like to send it to support and see if they can ship a replacement
not my best work but this is zoomed in and besides the clear coat difference I think it’s a close match
Rivian R1T R1S Touch Up Paint - Does it match? IMG_2114

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

not my best work but this is zoomed in and besides the clear coat difference I think it’s a close match
IMG_2114.jpeg
thanks. much better match than mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

The link I sent you is the www.touchupdirect.com website and my post was regarding the TouchUpDirect Color Match Guarantee. We have nothing to do with the Rivian branded touch up paint.đź‘Ť
oh, haha, got it. i conflated the two things. so your product is different from the one Rivian sells because it has a clearcoat in the paint? or because you offer clearcoat with the paint?

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
oh, haha, got it. i conflated the two things. so your product is different from the one Rivian sells because it has a clearcoat in the paint? or because you offer clearcoat with the paint?
Yep. The vehicle has a basecoat/clearcoat paint job on it. And all colors that are BC/CC from the factory we only offer as BC/CC. It makes a difference in the color as well as the durability of the paint, whether being the factory paint job or touch up.

OP
OP
dleewla

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Looks like you got FG instead of LG
It’s not quite that dark but definitely doesn’t match the LG color of the truck.

Rivian R1T R1S Touch Up Paint - Does it match? BC22B85B-ABC8-4A98-A174-8847A0596A7B

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger
I got the Limestone touch up paint, and it totally does not match. I have a service appointment for other issues, but have added this onto the list.
Sponsored