Timeline after deposit

SCA

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Subaru Outback
Hello all! My wife and I have agreed to put a deposit down and order a R1T. I am planning on replacing a Ram 1500 next year or possibly the year after. My question is if I put the deposit down tomorrow, what does the timeline look like? I can't seem to find an answer. I appreciate it and look forward to joining this community.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I’d guess late next year best case scenario. Early 2023 worst case. But we’re all just guessing on most things Rivian these days...

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
What Gshenderson said. If you don’t have an LE preorder, you aren’t getting your vehicle in 2021.

But we really don’t know much about Rivian’s timetable beyond the LE delivery dates. So late 2022, early 2023 definitely seems like a likely time frame

OP
OP

SCA

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Subaru Outback
What Gshenderson said. If you don’t have an LE preorder, you aren’t getting your vehicle in 2021.

But we really don’t know much about Rivian’s timetable beyond the LE delivery dates. So late 2022, early 2023 definitely seems like a likely time frame
That is what I figured and when I would want it. Thank you!

Sponsored

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hello all! My wife and I have agreed to put a deposit down and order a R1T. I am planning on replacing a Ram 1500 next year or possibly the year after. My question is if I put the deposit down tomorrow, what does the timeline look like? I can't seem to find an answer. I appreciate it and look forward to joining this community.
Deliveries for non launch edition R1Ts begin January 2022. And there's quite a backlog of reservations. The deposit is refundable and it holds a place in line.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

It will also depend on how you spec your vehicle. I think vehicles with the small battery will be the last to be introduced.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
SCA if you have an hour to kill read through the "find you Rivian order # and post it here" thread. Their are some insightful posts concerning orders and production forcast. IMO it will take a small miracle to get all launch editions built. let alone delivered in 2021. Throw in the mix that Rivian will also be producing delivery vans for the overlord, not saying that's a bad thing, and end of 2022 is likely an optimistic estimate. Also likely a great time to receive a Rivian as some early adopter kinks should be ironed out.

Reactions: SCA
OP
OP

SCA

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Subaru Outback
SCA if you have an hour to kill read through the "find you Rivian order # and post it here" thread. Their are some insightful posts concerning orders and production forcast. IMO it will take a small miracle to get all launch editions built. let alone delivered in 2021. Throw in the mix that Rivian will also be producing delivery vans for the overlord, not saying that's a bad thing, and end of 2022 is likely an optimistic estimate. Also likely a great time to receive a Rivian as some early adopter kinks should be ironed out.
Thank you for all your answers. I placed my order today.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
All my friends made early deposits on Model 3s and backed out. The wait was never as bad as anyone expected. If early 2023 is realistic, the website should be updated to reflect this. I can wait until early 2022. Will make a decision in the fall to wait or just get the F150 hybrid.
Sponsored