Sponsored

Throttle Pedal Recall & California Tire Mandate? Rivian very aggressive to get it done!

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I've been swamped and in and out of town, but Rivian literally calls DAILY to schedule me to bring my truck 1 1/2 hours away to the service center to address a throttle pedal recall. Apparently, something about, when stopped, the auto-hold doesn't always activate. Their latest messages however, now say they also have to address a California Tire mandate? No clue what that's for. Anyone heard of that?

I can't believe how aggressive Rivian has been with calls literally, every single day. Not something I have time to deal with right at the moment. Am hardly driving the truck and will call them when I get time to kill 6 hours of round trip driving. Just shocked that they feel they need to leave a message EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Auto-hold is a nice feature, but not something I feel is THAT critical.

Never heard of this tire mandate thing. I have custom wheels and tires anyway, so not sure how that's going to apply. Just curious if anyone has heard of it. Anyone else receive the constant daily calls to get it in for service?

Wouldn't mind if they offered mobile service for it, but to do a three hour round trip twice is just not in the cards for me in the next several weeks.
Sponsored

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

They will dispatch mobile service.

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

That's weird. Unsure what the CA mandate is all about but I did notice on both my service invoices they listed an item regarding checking tire pressure on all four tires. I'm assuming they didn't bother checking tread depth if that was part of the mandate given that I had less than 5000 miles before the visits.

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
The tire mandate is to check tire pressures always and note it on the invoice this is for every service call type, tire related or not.

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

They replaced my pedal using mobile service. I would insist on this. And yes, I recall them being quite persistent about scheduling it.

Jimbydude

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2016 Honda Civic
The tire mandate is to check tire pressures always and note it on the invoice this is for every service call type, tire related or not.
Yep, I also have a Tesla and same thing, whenever mobile service come out like recently for that harness recall (an actual one, not a software one), they check tire pressures and also tread.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I've been swamped and in and out of town, but Rivian literally calls DAILY to schedule me to bring my truck 1 1/2 hours away to the service center to address a throttle pedal recall. Apparently, something about, when stopped, the auto-hold doesn't always activate. Their latest messages however, now say they also have to address a California Tire mandate? No clue what that's for. Anyone heard of that?

I can't believe how aggressive Rivian has been with calls literally, every single day. Not something I have time to deal with right at the moment. Am hardly driving the truck and will call them when I get time to kill 6 hours of round trip driving. Just shocked that they feel they need to leave a message EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Auto-hold is a nice feature, but not something I feel is THAT critical.

Never heard of this tire mandate thing. I have custom wheels and tires anyway, so not sure how that's going to apply. Just curious if anyone has heard of it. Anyone else receive the constant daily calls to get it in for service?

Wouldn't mind if they offered mobile service for it, but to do a three hour round trip twice is just not in the cards for me in the next several weeks.
They will stop calling when you call them back ✌🏾

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Daily calls can be annoying. Maybe they are just looking after your safety? I would explain to them you have aftermarket wheels/tires and see if they will send mobile service for the AP replacement.

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE - 3/31/2022 Took Delivery
Occupation
Project Manager
They are also replacing the “ Fix a flat, tire goo” that comes with the Rivian’s. Apparently they expire and Rivian is obligated to replace them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

They are also replacing the “ Fix a flat, tire goo” that comes with the Rivian’s. Apparently they expire and Rivian is obligated to replace them.
I don't believe I have any fix a flat stuff in my car. I ordered mine with the spare tire and do have the spare for it. I think others hit on it above that it's simply for them to check pressures as that's been on every invoice. Guess they brought it up in the voicemail to get me to think it was a more serious issue?

Who knows, maybe like Tesla always tries to move cars at end of each quarter and offers incentives, maybe Rivian gets some type of benefit for resolving recalls before a specific date?

Clearly the press isn't covering each and every recall like they did in the first year. I remember the stock tanking right after really good news because they announced a recall a day or two later.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

I had a similar experience on one of the other recalls. Calls in the middle of the day while I was working. Eventually they stop, Funny with that one was they were doing regional 'drive-ins' too. I would get a voice mail that they were doing one in 'my area' the next day My home and work are 50 miles apart. And I was supposed to drop everything and take off of work and go to one.

What is interesting is that when these recalls come up, service appointments magically open up to handle them. But if you need service from them, appointments are months out.
Sponsored