Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Really depends on your goals with the vehicle. If you want the fastest thing Rivian makes, quad is your only choice. If you don't care about speed at all, and don't plan on taking the vehicle off-road either, then dual motor non-performance. For regular long trips or towing, get the biggest battery pack you can afford. For occasional trips, large has been more than adequate for us. If you don't plan on taking trips at all, even the range of the Standard should be fine for the majority of customers.

Rivian's leasing deals are looking pretty good right now if you don't drive 20,000 miles a year.

Very true! I spend too much time working😒
Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
https://rivian.com/gear-shop/c/apparel
Sponsored

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I had a quad R1s which I sold (long story) and just bought a DM R1T. While not exactly apples to apples, my impression so far is that build quality looks a bit better but still an annoying panel misalignment on the tail gate that causes a loud clunk anytime I lift the gate (need to see if there is a DIY fix) and there is something loose and rattling in there so yeah, still little things. But mostly very good. Ride is better in the DM (software plus T vs S most likely).
The difference in power between the Quad and the regular DM is noticeable in All-Purpose but it is not slow and it is not worth the extra $5k to me to bump to performance. I am not seeing stellar efficiency around town so far, but honestly it is too soon to say anything definitive. Overall, I am glad to be back in a Rivian and plan to keep this one for years. IMHO, for my use case, it is the best vehicle on the market.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Really depends on your goals with the vehicle. If you want the fastest thing Rivian makes, quad is your only choice. If you don't care about speed at all, and don't plan on taking the vehicle off-road either, then dual motor non-performance. For regular long trips or towing, get the biggest battery pack you can afford. For occasional trips, large has been more than adequate for us. If you don't plan on taking trips at all, even the range of the Standard should be fine for the majority of customers.

Rivian's leasing deals are looking pretty good right now if you don't drive 20,000 miles a year.

That is great advice. I found something I think will work:

Rivian R1T R1S Thinking about getting a 2nd R1T Infant-Adventurous-One-Piece-Heather-Grey-Primary-01_zjrz3t

OP
OP

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek

Does Rivian allow leasers to purchase the vehicle after their terms is up?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Does Rivian allow leasers to purchase the vehicle after their terms is up?
Yes, you could buy it out early as well. They are passing through the $7500 tax credit that you cannot get otherwise. Currently Rivians are otherwise only eligible for $3750 (and that's assuming you are inside the income cap).

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Find a gently used great price quad. Best vehicle I've had after 14 months and keeps getting better, including used prices with all the EV hit pieces of late.

OP
OP

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
I am now leaning towards to lease a base model DM R1T, even though never did I ever lease a vehicle, but the monthly payment on a two year lease with minimum down payment seems like a good deal, unless there are something I am just not aware of.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I am now leaning towards to lease a base model DM R1T, even though never did I ever lease a vehicle, but the monthly payment on a two year lease with minimum down payment seems like a good deal, unless there are something I am just not aware of.
Used Quad is a good idea too with low miles. Before you lease do the math on what it would cost to finance over the same period. Leases can be tricky. In a lot of cases the lease costs more over 2-3 years then a finance at 72mo over the same 3 years. The low payment is because of the cap cost for reduction of 7500 but I think Rivian also requires you to put $6,000 down and it doesn't include taxes and other fees.

The air suspension is the same on quad angle motors.

sambo

First Name
Salvatore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford expedition
Occupation
Architect
I was looking at Leasing, does anyone know what the payoff will be after 3 years, if you buy a ~~$90,000 R1S before the $7500 deduction?

OP
OP

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
Rivian R1T R1S Thinking about getting a 2nd R1T Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 11.01.01 PM

I have noticed that standard size battery ain't on the list for EV tax credit, even though Rivian website lists the standard battery vehicle with potential $3750 on payment estimator page.

Source: https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax2023.shtml
Sponsored