TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

I would like more access to vehicle efficient performance. The last 15 minutes is interesting, but not really a lot of actionable information (donā€™t speed up quickly).

would like to havethe ability to see my last 10 driving sessions to see how the efficiency works on road trips for different phases of the trip or other trips around town without using the trip computer and screenshooting or manually recording the performance as you go.

And in the same vein. Smarter battery conditioning. I donā€™t want it to spend the energy to condition for the 2hr trip to the charger. I shouldnā€™t have to trick it by using an address nearby and then selecting the charger when I am 10 mins away.

Coj

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
I couldn't find another thread on this topic, so I thought that I would start one.

What I would like to seem them add/change in software updates:

--One push garage door opener. I think most people have only one garage door to open. While I appreciate that they are accommodating people with more than one, I don't see that they should make you press the garage icon, and then press the name of your home garage (mine is named "home").

--Automatic garage door open/close when approaching/leaving house. Tesla has this, based on the GPS location of your home. It would seem like something easy to add since the truck already has GPS capability. Maybe Tesla has a patent, who knows.

--Along a similar note, automatic sideview mirror retraction/extension when approaching/leaving home.

--Navigation waypoints, i.e. creating a multiple destination navigation direction thread.

-- Auto lower the suspension to the lowest level when putting the vehicle in park.
I couldn't find another thread on this topic, so I thought that I would start one.

What I would like to seem them add/change in software updates:

--One push garage door opener. I think most people have only one garage door to open. While I appreciate that they are accommodating people with more than one, I don't see that they should make you press the garage icon, and then press the name of your home garage (mine is named "home").

--Automatic garage door open/close when approaching/leaving house. Tesla has this, based on the GPS location of your home. It would seem like something easy to add since the truck already has GPS capability. Maybe Tesla has a patent, who knows.

--Along a similar note, automatic sideview mirror retraction/extension when approaching/leaving home.

--Navigation waypoints, i.e. creating a multiple destination navigation direction thread.

-- Auto lower the suspension to the lowest level when putting the vehicle in park.
LOVE all these idea's especially the park and drop to lowest like a Range Rover and my Volvo. The Side Mirror closing to go in garage too!!

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
LOVE all these idea's especially the park and drop to lowest like a Range Rover and my Volvo. The Side Mirror closing to go in garage too!!
This is already rolling out!

Sponsored

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My list (some repeated):

Navigation:
  • Pop-up details for other charging stations while navigating (have to exit navigation to see additional details
  • Option to re-route to other chargers
  • Display battery-prep & give options to tweak when navigating to chargers, in-line in navigation view
Cameras:
  • When signaling, option to display side view cameras on center display or w/in driver display
  • Option to record driving (say a particularly difficult off-road stretch)
  • Recording in Valet mode
  • Recording capture post-accident or post user-trigger (i.e. I want to capture a dangerous driver or near-miss in case they did make impact)
  • Option to manually display cameras while driving
  • Switch to bed view when tailgate is dropped

Carplay/Android:
  • Give us this option in a windowed mode on the center console, user-swappable between left-hand side or right-hand side, so we can still use native Rivian operating system on one side of the display vs. tedious-toggling back & forth between native OS & CarPlay or android auto.

Data Dashboards:
  • Iā€™m a data-nerd so Iā€™d LOVE lots more data dashboards, analysis of trips, efficiency, and ability to append data-sets with tags/labels/metadata (i.e. ā€rooftop tentā€ on this trip, or not, etc.).
  • Lifetime data vs. 3-mo. or 6-mo., etc.
  • Ability to export data to thumb-drive.

Offline-Access:
  • Permit us to pre-download maps / navigation information a-la Google Maps for offline use when/if off-grid or out-of-cellular coverage; you can download regions ahead of time to anticipate when youā€™ll go out of cell coverage. I do this every time I go through Yosemite from the west side of the sierras to the east side; Iā€™m sure Rivian engineers have done this: would like to have ability to pre-download data ahead of time rather than depend on the system to cache map data.
Lights:
  • For camping, option to turn-on red lights on exterior of vehicle to preserve night vision, ideally front bar if itā€™s a full LED bar not just green/white light
  • If modifiable, permit yellow light on front LED bar (donā€™t know if itā€™s just green/white light or a full RGB bar) for fog/dust/snow visibility; the white lights arenā€™t good enough for poor visibility situations.

ptwobjohnson

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Iā€™d also like to see more accurate proximity lock/unlock. Iā€™d also like the option to select more than one location for proximity lock/unlock to be disabled. It currently only allows it for home location but it would be awesome if I could also have it disabled for work or other locations.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
A way to turn on the third row ac vents when the seats are folded to keep the pups cool.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Integrate wireless trailer camera into center stack, and left and right cameras with turn signals into drivers display.

Dash cam

charger availability at EA stations

ability to edit name of a favorite location in nav.

ability to add shortcut widgets to the center display.

clock and temp on drivers display

better voice command for ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. everything.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll think of more to add later.

Wililye

First Name
Changwoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, NV3500
Occupation
Restaurant owner
I really need dashcam :(

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™ Give us manual preconditioning. šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Dumb cruise control aka fixed speed

rivian_germany

First Name
D-Rok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '22 M3LR, '09 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Is anything going to come of it by posting in this thread? Besides blowing off steam? Nevertheless:

Pin To Drive!! So I can stop turning off bluetooth and learn to love the bomb
Fix Vampire Drain
Scheduled preconditioning/climate
Better, detailed efficiency graphs like Tesla
Easier download of video clips
Take ad-hoc video clip like Tesla
12v batteries status/voltage readout
Valet/snail mode with much less power for those unable to feather the pedal in one's crowded driveway so they don't bash random things with a new $80k vehicle (crosses fingers)
Finer control over bluetooth devices and wireless networks, and vehicle keys (seems VERY basic)

If you want a longer list, I am a developer and can start working on the above issues first lol
Sponsored