Sponsored

The Anticipation is Killing Me

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Yeah, I don't know how some people got t-shirts, bottles, etc. I'm certainly not an "early" pre-order holder (December 2019) but literally all I've ever gotten from Rivian was the art print. They've never even emailed me other than the normal bulk emails.
I'm a 12/18 preorder holder and I'm in the same boat. I got a few things at the owners event in Atlanta that I was invited to a couple of years ago but only the art print sent to me.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If I am acting as a walking billboard for a company, it better be free. If I designed the product or played a significant role in making it, I can see being proud of having the logo on my shirt but never understood the virtue of pride in being a consumer. That said, I can see in case of Rivian, spreading the word for them since I want the company to succeed and they could use more reservations.
If I get it for free with the thing I bought, I’ll take it and use it!

At an old job there was a mass revolt when the company decided to start charging employees for logowear ?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
If I get it for free with the thing I bought, I’ll take it and use it!

At an old job there was a mass revolt when the company decided to start charging employees for logowear ?

If this was the logo, I would pay for it:

Rivian R1T R1S The Anticipation is Killing Me 1634053684295

p.s. everyone loves you guys around the planet. We have to watch our backs once identified as Americans when we travel.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Ok, not the anticipation of waiting for my R1T. Well, that too.

But I got this email over a week ago, and still nothing! I'm dying over here! What is it? Why won't they send it? Does an R1T only weigh 1LB and does LE priority delivery include UPS Next day air? Is it a ticket for Blue Origin? Did something happen to James T. Kirk?

Gah!?!

1633969585518.png
Figured it out. They are sending you one floormat. You’ll receive an additional floormat for the next three months. Then you’ll get the truck last. Rivian will put out a press release later this month saying that they’ve “started” sending trucks to people and technically they will be correct… ;)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@cohall it might be the letter thanking you for preordering and a print of the concept art for whichever R1 variant you picked. Did you get that yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
@cohall it might be the letter thanking you for preordering and a print of the concept art for whichever R1 variant you picked. Did you get that yet?
I did receive that, way back in early 2020.

Unfortunately, the tracking number I received no longer exists in the UPS system. Looks like they've had second thoughts on sending me a ticket to space...or a Rivian chiliwich coaster...

The anticipation comes to a crashing end ?‍♂

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did receive that, way back in early 2020.

Unfortunately, the tracking number I received no longer exists in the UPS system. Looks like they've had second thoughts on sending me a ticket to space...or a Rivian chiliwich coaster...

The anticipation comes to a crashing end ?‍♂
The tracking info I got from UPS disappeared after “shipment created”. Then a box appeared sometime later.

I think they make a label, then customer service people put whatever is on hand in the box, and off it goes.

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Is your birthday around the corner? Cause I got a Rumpl campground blanket with a nice hand written card wishing me a belated birthday a couple weeks ago. Totally out of the blue, but much appreciated! It was the single, not double, so they know my wife's not coming with me on any of my trips in the R1T :giggle: .
Must be up to the guide!? My birthday was beginning of October…crickets…….???

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
I don’t know, every time I’ve been at a party and seen someone wearing a hat or Polo that says Mercedes Benz, or BMW, or Tesla, or Ferrari, or Honda, I’ve said to myself, “that’s douchey, we won’t be friends.” Now if his shirt said Honda Lawnmowers, we may have a chit chat.
I have to say I kinda agree. I wear a lot of hats and when my wife got her 2019 Ascent, Subaru gave me a hat. It's in my closet, can't remember putting it on except when he handed it to me.
Sponsored