Sponsored

Texas Roll Call

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
I just looked out my front window; I live on cul-de-sac with 8 homes. 5 of them homes have a white car sitting either in the garage on the drive way. Hehe...it IS the color.

Being a dour Scot from where the mountains are made of granite and the glens are full of mist, I will keep with my gray theme.
Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Blue exterior with the Oceana interior, silver wheels with off-road tires. It was the only color the family agreed on and I figure it will make it easier to find in the woods ?
My kids wanted the blue too, it's a sharp color!

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
I'm not cool enough for Rivian Blue or Compass Yellow!

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I’m slowly climbing back on the fence.... I thought I was all in on El Capitan Granite but now reconsidering Rivian Blue...... of course I could try to be cool and copy @skyote with Glacier White!

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m slowly climbing back on the fence.... I thought I was all in on El Capitan Granite but now reconsidering Rivian Blue...... of course I could try to be cool and copy @skyote with Glacier White!
I thought you had already decided on white! I really want to see Limestone & Canyon Red is growing on me, need to see more of it as well.

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I thought you had already decided on white! I really want to see Limestone & Canyon Red is growing on me, need to see more of it as well.
I was white until the colors were introduced! A nice dark grey has always been a favorite of mine..... however, I worry about it being too hot.... bottom line is I need to see them in person.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

It's not until my dad comes visit and he says "why are there so many white cars here" that I actually notice that yes, there are a lot of white cars here :) Back in Scotland, where it rains constantly, you will only see white as police vehicles and company trade vehicles.

I do actually like white cars but my wife, who is a recent 22 year veteran engineer in the oil industry (it's how we met), forbids any car colour being present in our garage that reminds her of getting up at 3 in the morning to travel across state to run wireline in a West Texas / New Mexico oil or gas well.
It's for that same reasoning as in Scotland that white cars are a little rare in the western part of the Northwest. Tough to keep 'em clean with all the rain!

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
I am the same regarding Limestone and Canyon Red. I have had mine configured both ways. Currently configured Launch Green. Just need to see them all before I make my decision.

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
forgot to post on this once I stopped lurking.

Central Austin

R1S, LE
LE Green
Dark interior
Black 20” ATs

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Just got this email from Rivian directly to Texas folks...

To Our Community in Texas,

The Lone Star State remains one of America’s best places for outdoor adventures. With your help, we can work together to keep it that way. Thank you for your continuous effort to make electric vehicles more accessible in your state.

The passage of HB 4379 would allow Rivian and other manufacturers of all-electric vehicles to make local sales in Texas. Although you can purchase a Rivian online, passing HB 4379 would enable us to bring in-person experiences to your local area, allowing you to get up close and personal with Rivian and our Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a resident of Texas and EV supporter, you can lend your voice in supporting this bill.

To help make your voice heard, we encourage you to email Committee Chairman Terry Canales at [email protected] to request a hearing for HB 4379 and share your passion for being part of the EV community. Be sure to include your name and address in your email.

You can learn more about direct sales of electric vehicles here. For more ways to get involved, connect with our team by visiting https://rivian.com/support.

Thank you for helping us keep the world adventurous forever.

Team Rivian

Sponsored

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, RAM EcoDiesel, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

The Lone Star State remains one of America’s best places for outdoor adventures. With your help, we can work together to keep it that way. Thank you for your continuous effort to make electric vehicles more accessible in your state.

The passage of HB 4379 would allow Rivian and other manufacturers of all-electric vehicles to make local sales in Texas. Although you can purchase a Rivian online, passing HB 4379 would enable us to bring in-person experiences to your local area, allowing you to get up close and personal with Rivian and our Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a resident of Texas and EV supporter, you can lend your voice in supporting this bill.

To help make your voice heard, we encourage you to email Committee Chairman Terry Canales at [email protected] to request a hearing for HB 4379 and share your passion for being part of the EV community. Be sure to include your name and address in your email.

You can learn more about direct sales of electric vehicles here. For more ways to get involved, connect with our team by visiting https://rivian.com/support.

Team Rivian
Yeah, I replied. Its archaic that dealers were able to pivot to online sales during the pandemic. I think it is an uphill battle as Texas auto dealer lobby is very powerful, but I'd throw in my $.02. Unsure if I replied to this post but I recently changed our reservation to the R1S, after I just purchased a new Ram EcoDiesel.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Team Rivian
So, our vehicles we order would still be delivered to us here, but they just aren't allowed to have any sort of experience center, etc here? Am I understanding this correctly?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
So, our vehicles we order would still be delivered to us here, but they just aren't allowed to have any sort of experience center, etc here? Am I understanding this correctly?
Tesla operates "showrooms", but they aren't allowed to take orders (or even talk about price). Vehicle must be 100% paid for before they are shipped into Texas.

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, RAM EcoDiesel, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yeah, I replied. Its archaic that dealers were able to pivot to online sales during the pandemic. I think it is an uphill battle as Texas auto dealer lobby is very powerful, but I'd throw in my $.02. Unsure if I replied to this post but I recently changed our reservation to the R1S, after I just purchased a new Ram EcoDiesel.
Just to close the loop, I responded to the Rivian email with "Done" and got a very nice thank you in return.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm not a big Twitter user, but I heard it can be effective at getting some public attention.

Can any Twitter users here like/reply/retweet for support???

Sponsored