Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
That wasn't my intention. Sorry if it came across that way. I was sharing my recent experiences and thoughts. I am honestly trying to understand what we gain from driving fast in a congested area. I love speed. I love the feel of the car at speed. However, as cars become more efficient the stakes get higher. 0-60 in 3 seconds in a 7k+ lbs vehicle-it's fantastic! What purpose does it serve? Why can a car go well over 150 miles an hour when the speed limit in most places is 70?
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Why can a car go well over 150 miles an hour when the speed limit in most places is 70?
Not all cars stay on the street. Those of us who go to the track want whatever they'll give us.

Reactions: Don
OP
OP

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
That wasn't my intention. Sorry if it came across that way. I was sharing my recent experiences and thoughts. I am honestly trying to understand what we gain from driving fast in a congested area. I love speed. I love the feel of the car at speed. However, as cars become more efficient the stakes get higher. 0-60 in 3 seconds in a 7k+ lbs vehicle-it's fantastic! What purpose does it serve? Why can a car go well over 150 miles an hour when the speed limit in most places is 70?
I think we need to change our way of thinking with EV vs ICE in terms of performance vs range/efficiency. Until now with ICE you'd typically either have a super efficient slow car, or a in inefficient fast car. With EVs speed and range typically go together. Usually bigger battery = more range AND more speed. Kindof a strange but cool concept.

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, White, Forest Edge, 22ā€ Brights
Occupation
Mechanical, Engineering, Technician for Navy (Undersea Warfare)Retired
Tesla has noise. It's just that if you are over 25 you can't hear it.
Thatā€™s funny. Iā€™m well over 25 at 66. I suspect I wonā€™t hear a thing. I was thinking of getting a noise generator, or maybe not. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ They make one that sounds like the Jetsonā€™s. if youā€™re old enough to remember the Jetsonā€™s.
Rivian R1T R1S Test drive impressions from Tesla owner FB51C7AA-F46E-4CC2-909D-1C10A4E6A8C3

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regarding "engine" noise see video below. Skip to 4 minute and 12:45 in to hear sound.

Ok, sounds like the Terminator or the Enterprise or ā€¦..
What about the directional signal? Sounds like Chinese water torture or water dripping on a raincoat or a record players armature at the end of a record, again if youā€™re old enough to have experience that sort of thing. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Why do people freefall fplanes
We wouldnā€™t have all those great getaway chase scenes on TV to watch.
Sponsored