First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineering
I’m on 23.24.4 can’t get it to change even with the manual firmware update. Set to “All Vehicles” as well
How does one get Tesla to push an update??
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2023 M3P, 2021 Audi SQ5
Occupation
CISO
Clubs

I’m on 23.24.4 can’t get it to change even with the manual firmware update. Set to “All Vehicles” as well
Call support (888) 518-3752 ... Option 3, then option 3 again (home power wall charger support). They need to push a lower (downgraded) firmware to the unit to support charging with Rivian.

Once that update is applied you can call them again and ask them to upgrade to the latest firmware and it will retain compatibility with Rivian, but you have to get a special version of the firmware applied in order to get it to charge.

mtv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Call support (888) 518-3752 ... Option 3, then option 3 again (home power wall charger support). They need to push a lower (downgraded) firmware to the unit to support charging with Rivian.

Once that update is applied you can call them again and ask them to upgrade to the latest firmware and it will retain compatibility with Rivian, but you have to get a special version of the firmware applied in order to get it to charge.
Thanks - tried this out but they’re closed for the holiday. I was able to get a firmware downloaded via Tesla Pros and installed with success, but appears to be the same version as before. UWC won’t let me downgrade to the older version available on their website: 23.8.2 - probably the one with original issues.

Might need to rewire for the Rivian portable charger to get by for a bit

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Clubs

Thanks - tried this out but they’re closed for the holiday. I was able to get a firmware downloaded via Tesla Pros and installed with success, but appears to be the same version as before. UWC won’t let me downgrade to the older version available on their website: 23.8.2 - probably the one with original issues.

Might need to rewire for the Rivian portable charger to get by for a bit
The firmware to make it compatible with Rivian isn't available online. It's something they have to push.

Also, the best way to push a version change manually is to connect to the AP and go to 192.168.92.1/service

Sponsored

mtv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Copy that. Yep, been using the wifi connection service page… much easier. Will wait for the techs to get back to office tomorrow

Spyderman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S/Tesla Model S Plaid

Curious about this second statement. I have two UWC (one worked out of the box, no special firmware needed, second needed the HEAD firmware, which I got through chat, but works now).

Are you saying that I can ask now them to upgrade the one on the HEAD firmware now and be all good? Or do I need to keep the HEAD firmware to keep charging the Rivian? I’d love to have both be on latest firmware but of course prefer the functionality over anything else.

These are great chargers though - charging my Model S and R1S interchangeably (and with power share, without extra adapters, etc) has been awesome.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Clubs

Curious about this second statement. I have two UWC (one worked out of the box, no special firmware needed, second needed the HEAD firmware, which I got through chat, but works now).

Are you saying that I can ask now them to upgrade the one on the HEAD firmware now and be all good? Or do I need to keep the HEAD firmware to keep charging the Rivian? I’d love to have both be on latest firmware but of course prefer the functionality over anything else.

These are great chargers though - charging my Model S and R1S interchangeably (and with power share, without extra adapters, etc) has been awesome.
You'll keep HEAD if you ask them to upgrade you to the latest. Once it gets applied it doesn't go away.

Spyderman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S/Tesla Model S Plaid
You'll keep HEAD if you ask them to upgrade you to the latest. Once it gets applied it doesn't go away.
Got it - thanks for the clarification. Might consider having them put both onto HEAD fork just in case a later update breaks the (now-)functioning one.

mtv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Alright, just got off the call with Tesla, who went straight to the HEAD push. They instructed to wait 2hrs before charging… seems a bit much for a basic curl and restart, but I guess I’ve waited this long…

Sponsored

mtv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Update: the first remote firmware push didn’t take. Then spoke to a different representative who gave a whole separate set of instructions with another two hour wait. Patience thin after that didn’t work either, the third representative was willing to work with me a little more. What ended up working was the remote push to HEAD, followed by a factory reset and recommissioning. Now on HEAD sha and pumping electrons like crazy. Relieved. Thank you Rivian community for the help!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
One thing Ford got right was promoting the 80 amp charger. I'm surprised Tesla is happy selling a lower capacity charger.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
One thing Ford got right was promoting the 80 amp charger. I'm surprised Tesla is happy selling a lower capacity charger.
A decade of selling & using 80a EVSE's taught Tesla a lot. Since they did not learn from Tesla's experience, looks like Ford will have to go through all the same mistakes...
😐

utjohntara

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Volvo XC 60 Hybrid, 2011 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Updated to 2024.07.02 and now my Tesla Universal charger won’t work. Portable charger does. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored