Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I would be curious how many of those crashes involved Autopilot or "FSD".
I wonder as well. I tried Driver+ last week for the first time and well, it is just "meh". You still have to touch the steering wheel every 30 seconds or so.....so, what is the purpose if you have hold onto the steering wheel?.

Was it a cool experience?.....it was for the 1 minute I tried it. I will probably never use it again because I am old school and was taught "don't take your hands off the steering wheel". Using AP or FSD is making lazy drivers.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I wonder as well. I tried Driver+ last week for the first time and well, it is just "meh". You still have to touch the steering wheel every 30 seconds or so.....so, what is the purpose if you have hold onto the steering wheel?.

Was it a cool experience?.....it was for the 1 minute I tried it. I will probably never use it again because I am old school and was taught "don't take your hands off the steering wheel". Using AP or FSD is making lazy drivers.
I am the same way. Humans are pretty bad at remaining vigilant while not being in control, so I see any of these systems as trouble as far as I'm concerned.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red

I use AP/FSD and Driver+ all the time on highways. I keep my hands on the wheel at all times for both. I find it very useful and the few times I couldn't use it over the last 5 years I was very annoyed and it felt very laborious to go back to the old way of driving.
Sponsored