Sponsored

Team 1EV Rivian specific forged Aero Wheels

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I don't want or need aftermarket wheels on my truck. But, I did buy evSportline wheels for my Model S and they were great. I had a great experience with the company and the install here in LA. (they were not $5800)
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Is that price Normal for forged wheels?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Those wheels are going to be a bitch to clean.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Those wheels are going to be a bitch to clean.
That's a problem for one's butler.

Besides, shouldn't be much brake dust on R1

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Chump change for a chump....
Seriously though it's good to see after market options pop up this quickly (in general, not talking about wheels specifically). But are all options going to be priced like this because the truck is expensive?

And secondly should they not be publishing some performance data to go along with their aero claim?

Sponsored

GEON

First Name
GEON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Technology Executive
Question for the Hive - I recieved delivery of my truck with the 21" street tires. Do you think anyone will make A/T tires in this size? I figure my *next* set of tires (18 months?) will be A/T. Hoping that I don't have to purchase new rims etc.

Are the 21" rims/tires a one-off?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Yes. Unique size for Rivian.

Maybe we'll see some additional tire options in the future. MAYBE.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I like the design.
Forged wheels are often expensive and fir those expecting much cheaper wheels sold in ultra low numbers, let me know when they are available.
Like everybody else I’d rather siens in the 2k-3.5k range but keys see what else comes out from mainstream manufacturers in the next couple years (if Rivian is still around 😜)

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Question for the Hive - I recieved delivery of my truck with the 21" street tires. Do you think anyone will make A/T tires in this size? I figure my *next* set of tires (18 months?) will be A/T. Hoping that I don't have to purchase new rims etc.

Get an AT with the same outside diameter as the 20” ones

Brian Goodwin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
Chump change for a chump....
Seriously though it's good to see after market options pop up this quickly (in general, not talking about wheels specifically). But are all options going to be priced like this because the truck is expensive?

And secondly should they not be publishing some performance data to go along with their aero claim?

No, it's not really about price of the truck, it's about WEIGHT of the truck and the need for exceptional load ratings. The Variant wheels are really not bad on price considering they are forged. The EVSportline are certainly more money but having gone for such a busy design I am not that surprised at the final costs because it's a ton of machine work in what they did.

I own a company that has over 7000 wheels in stock today, including fitments that my team has developed. So I know a little bit about making wheels and what it will take to get it done right. With my experience in the wheel industry going back three decades I am actually impressed with both the forged efforts that are already on the market. I consider the variant wheels rather reasonable and am tempted to grab a set...but for the fact they don't want to tell me their offset. I may just design my own and work with one of the companies that I already work with for other wheels. I push vehicles far harder than most folks, already know that my own set will likely need to be 20x10 to make me happy with the cornering. Nonetheless, will start with 20x9, then do 20x9.5, then perhaps the 20x10.

That's one of my race cars at COTA for a time attack event, with 17x10 we developed....and that's 10 inch wide on just a 2400 lb car with 'only' 400hp!

Rivian R1T R1S Team 1EV Rivian specific forged Aero Wheels file

Last edited:

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I'm more interested in the 2 sets of matte screen protectors for $29.95....pretty good price for 2 sets.
Sponsored