Not open for further replies.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

ah...thanks.

That could be more in relationship to R2 models being smaller and cheaper and made in Georgia?

I expect that to be a few years as the plant isn't built yet (will take some time)
It's probably referring both to the R2 line as well as the dual motor and standard battery versions of the R1 line. It's currently 2022 and the dual motor/standard battery packs are supposed to start shipping to customers in 2024...so a couple of years.
Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Income limit takes me out. I'm really thankful I have my configuration confirmed and should be getting my truck this year.
I'm in day two of my scheduled two-month delivery window of August-September and check for my configuration to lock several times a day like I am visiting the Holy Grail. Guide contact would be nice as well. I would like nothing more than to have my R1T delivered before the end of the year, and bypass the newest round of parliamentary gamesmenship.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm in day two of my scheduled two-month delivery window of August-September and check for my configuration to lock several times a day like I am visiting the Holy Grail. Guide contact would be nice as well. I would like nothing more than to have my R1T delivered before the end of the year, and bypass the newest round of parliamentary gamesmenship.
I'm pulling for you. I have my configuration locked, my source code says pending fulfillment and I have a guide.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Income limit takes me out. I'm really thankful I have my configuration confirmed and should be getting my truck this year.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the income limit does not kick in next year, it kicks in this year. In fact it kicks in the day the bill is signed strike that I am incorrect. Just went back and re-read the bill. The US assembly provisions go into effect immediately, the income provisions go into effect at year end. (unless you have a signed purchase contract and then there is a loophole => reservations or pre-orders do not count).

Last edited:

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I have to wonder how much the makers of the bill know about EV's and their pricing ect. Did they really research what an EV truck costs or just come up with a number that sounded reasonable. Did they research Rivian or even the Lightening before coming up with this cap ? Trucks are very expensive in any form these days and the $80K limit is a little low. Also the car limit would likey eliminate most decent evs on the market including the Hyundai Ionic 5 and Kia EV6 as well as the Genesis GV60 all good new EV's. What would be left cap wise ? Chevy Bolt, NIssan Leaf, Toyota Prius plugin and other new entry level ev's ? Change's are coming lets just hope they make sense when something is finally passed.
No one needs an $80k vehicle. We all want the tax credit, and the tax credit can help me afford the truck, but let's be honest, we all want a Rivian, or something close, it isn't something we need. Try explaining how someone shopping for a $80 truck deserves more of a tax credit than someone who can barely afford a $25k car, gas or not.

Most people shopping for an electric vehicle are also homeowners. It would be a PIA for someone in an apartment to worry about charging as part of their daily/weekly routine, which is why it might make more sense to improve charging infrastructure instead of vehicle subsidies.

Also, a price limit gives manufacturers potential price ceilings. New car prices, gas, electric or otherwise, keep on rising. Raise the MSRP limit, I am manufacturers will find a way to meet that new, higher limit, and many people, will take a 5 or more year loan out to afford the monthly payments, as the manufacturers watch profits roll in. A price ceiling can potentially motivate manufacturers to actually figure out how to build an affordable vehicle. The main reason why the Ford Maverick is such a hit is it's price point, a price most manufacturers seem to have left behind for higher price points.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the income limit does not kick in next year, it kicks in this year. In fact it kicks in the day the bill is signed (unless you have a signed purchase contract and then there is a loophole => reservations or pre-orders do not count).
From what I read the bill doesn't take effect until next year. This would make sense based on how standard tax rules take place. I can still claim the 7500 on this year's taxes based on this year's plan, regardless of when it's signed it won't go into effect until jan 1

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
And here I was thinking that this was the most coherent and science based climate messaging I've ever heard from a candidate running as a Republican. ...:angel:
Can we keep politics OUT of a car forum? Upon further reading you're not the only one doing it but no on else has mentioned a party yet. This whole thing is about to turn into a shit show that has nothing to do with Rivian. I know I quoted this comment specifically but this appeal to reason applies to everyone here. Keep that political shit out of here unless it relates to the vehicles specifically.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
And here I was thinking that this was the most coherent and science based climate messaging I've ever heard from a candidate running as a Republican. ...:angel:
Haha. Louie Gohmert on the other hand suggested changing the moon or Earth‘s orbit.

"I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they've found that the moon's orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth's orbit around the sun. We know there's been significant solar flare activity," he said. "And so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon's orbit or the Earth's orbit around the sun? Obviously, that would have profound effects on our climate." Louie Gohmert, House Representative from Texas

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
From what I read the bill doesn't take effect until next year. This would make sense based on how standard tax rules take place. I can still claim the 7500 on this year's taxes based on this year's plan, regardless of when it's signed it won't go into effect until jan 1
I corrected my post but the short answer is that it depends. If you read the language certain provisions go into effect immediately (like the assembled in North America provisions so all Kia or VW or Audi etc. buyers are immediately hosed) some go into effect as soon as treasury promulgates rules (like the price cap) and some start next year (like the income threshold).

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Haha. Louie Gohmert on the other hand suggested changing the moon or Earth‘s orbit.

"I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they've found that the moon's orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth's orbit around the sun. We know there's been significant solar flare activity," he said. "And so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon's orbit or the Earth's orbit around the sun? Obviously, that would have profound effects on our climate." Louie Gohmert, House Representative from Texas
FFS

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Ok that’s fine I get it. Your argument seems based on party affiliation rather than hating any specific provisions in the bill. I don’t want to have that debate with you as no one wins.

I am sure there are parts of the bill I don’t like, for example the income limits and the price limits on vehicles. But generally I like the idea of investing in reducing our environmental impact in the US (whether China and India are or not, which was my earlier point). Additionally I think drug price negotiation, corporate minimum taxes and increased IRS enforcement are all reasonable policy ideas depending on how they are implemented.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Admin: Sorry for getting factual political, and I appreciate the sensitivity - but WHY did my posts about sharks with frick'n laser beams attached to their heads have to suffer for my sins?

Sharks are apolitical!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.