Sponsored

Suspension raising every time I get in my R1T. Anyone else?

MookieMV

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Artist
Lately every time I get in my R1T and put the truck in "D" I get a message saying I shouldn't drive while suspension is raising the truck, which it then does. Since I haven't touched the suspension height settings I wonder why it's doing this every day. Could be a slow air leak or I suppose a software issue. Curious if I'm the only one having this problem. Fortunately, if I just wait 15-20 seconds until the suspension is at the right height I can drive the truck without problems. I reported it to service about a month ago and still waiting to hear about an appointment for them to take a look. BTW Something definitely going wrong with the service department that I've spoken to four different advisors plus they've called me back three different times and I still don't have an appointment! It seems each time they call they have the wrong info or just letting me know that someone else (!) will be calling back to schedule my appt. So far they haven't. Love the truck and the general attitude towards service, they just can't seem to deliver.
Sponsored

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
My compressor occasionally comes on when I unlock the truck ,but I've never gotten a message like that. It's an odd message since the truck raises and lowers itself while driving all the time when you have height set to "auto."

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I agree - check that kneel mode isn't on. Maybe also worth doing a vehicle reset. Does the rest of the suspension settings work correctly? (camp mode auto level, off-road highest, etc.)

Dumb question but parking on any weird slopes or incline?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Not sure they would see this using kneel mode, before I put the running boards on my R1S I was using kneel mode and I never saw this message.

I would do some visual trouble shooting. When you park check the height of each corner at the wheel well and then again check before you get in to see if the levels are dropping, if they are is it equal around all four corners or is 1 or 2 Corners dropping more. It could be a slow leak in the suspension that is making it want to level into spec before you drive.

You might want to listen to see if the compressor sounds like it is running more than usual especially at startup which could indicate a leak as well.

Sponsored

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
Lately every time I get in my R1T and put the truck in "D" I get a message saying I shouldn't drive while suspension is raising the truck, which it then does. Since I haven't touched the suspension height settings I wonder why it's doing this every day. Could be a slow air leak or I suppose a software issue. Curious if I'm the only one having this problem. Fortunately, if I just wait 15-20 seconds until the suspension is at the right height I can drive the truck without problems. I reported it to service about a month ago and still waiting to hear about an appointment for them to take a look. BTW Something definitely going wrong with the service department that I've spoken to four different advisors plus they've called me back three different times and I still don't have an appointment! It seems each time they call they have the wrong info or just letting me know that someone else (!) will be calling back to schedule my appt. So far they haven't. Love the truck and the general attitude towards service, they just can't seem to deliver.
I had a very similar experience and it didnā€™t correspond with any of the vehicle settings. Shortly after that my air suspension failed and stopped working due to a rodent gnawing through an air line. Due to my experience, my thought is that something is happening to cause your air suspension system to lose pressure.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I've only seen that message after being in Camp Mode overnight. ("Speed limited to 8mph")
As others have said, check to see if you're in Kneel on Park and also do a before/after overnight to see if your T is dropping due to a potential air leak. (Kneel mode would do exactly what you're describing, btw; lower when you Park, raise back to Standard height when you hit the gas again.)

Might be time to donate your T to the local service center for a couple months while they do nothing about it before returning it with a note that says it's "Within specs." I hope not for your sake!

Legi0n

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Blue
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I had this exact issue about a year ago. Sometimes I'd have to wait up to 60 seconds for it to level up. It was annoying. I tried to pull up the service recap but apparently they age out and are no longer available. IIRC, I had a leaky seal, if I was stopped for a short time, it might not happen but over night absolutely would get that message.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Iā€™ve had that message frequently. Truck is currently in at service and it is one of the items they are looking at.
have not heard if it is addressed yet or not

Erikbecker

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanical engineer
Iā€™d suggest visually inspecting your suspension components for any signs of physical damage, especially around the air suspension system. Check for leaks or any obvious problems.
And, maybe, you could try resetting suspension settings to default and observe if the issue persists. This could help rule out any weird glitches in the current settings.

Sponsored

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
This from a Rivian tech. When Rivian goes into Kneel mode is goes all the way down onto the stops. If you drive before it raises up off the stops and turn sharply it can damage the suspension. If this is annoying to you then turn off Kneel mode.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
This from a Rivian tech. When Rivian goes into Kneel mode is goes all the way down onto the stops. If you drive before it raises up off the stops and turn sharply it can damage the suspension. If this is annoying to you then turn off Kneel mode.
That makes zero sense and cannot be true because the "lowest" suspension setting (available when in Sport mode) is lower than the kneel height.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This is actually incorrect information. I was using kneel mode before I installed running boards. Knell mode is not even the lowest setting as Sport Lowest is nearly 1/2 inch lower than kneel mode is.

Kneel Mode lowered my R1S to the low setting, I verified by using a tape measure that Sport Lowest was lower and often use that setting to let the pups jump in and out of the back. I never saw the raising suspension message while using kneel mode on my vehicle.

Rivian R1T R1S Suspension raising every time I get in my R1T.  Anyone else? IMG_3617

djjr50

First Name
Demetrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I was searching to see if it automatically resumes to the previous driving height once you put it in gear. Sounds like it doesnt (it adjusts only when going a certain speed).

This needs improvement since when you put it in gear and exit a driveway (which is normally at a lower speed), it doesnt raise soon enough.

OP
OP

MookieMV

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Artist
I agree - check that kneel mode isn't on. Maybe also worth doing a vehicle reset. Does the rest of the suspension settings work correctly? (camp mode auto level, off-road highest, etc.)

Dumb question but parking on any weird slopes or incline?
Not in Kneel mode. Did a reset. Everything else works fine. I assume itā€™s an air leak, will know more after service visit.
Sponsored