Sponsored

Stuck in All Purpose - Service Suspension Soon

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The other day the "service suspension soon" warning came on and now the vehicle will not allow me to adjust ride height, change ride modes, or use camp mode. While this isn't a big deal for the short-term, the soonest service appointment is in April. I have a road trip/camping trip coming up before that and would really like to use the drive modes and camping mode as intended.

Has anyone successfully resolved this issue without going to the service center? I'd like to give it a shot.
Sponsored

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd
The other day the "service suspension soon" warning came on and now the vehicle will not allow me to adjust ride height, change ride modes, or use camp mode. While this isn't a big deal for the short-term, the soonest service appointment is in April. I have a road trip/camping trip coming up before that and would really like to use the drive modes and camping mode as intended.

Has anyone successfully resolved this issue without going to the service center? I'd like to give it a shot.
I've had this happen three times but each time it has cleared after it has sat for 30 minutes or so. In my case it doesn't have to sleep as one of the occurrences cleared while I sat in the truck. In my case I also lose the ability to hold and the truck will go into park and kneel when I come to a complete stop. It's pretty unsettling when you aren't on the highway and have to deal with the anxiety of hoping it goes back in drive after a stop. I have SC appointment on Tuesday and this is my top issue.

OP
OP
RivianInVA

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Appreciate you sharing your experience. "I also lose the ability to hold and the truck will go into park and kneel" Hey at least my truck isn't doing that! Glad you were able to get an appointment to get it resolved.

Unfortunately, I have tried letting it sit for a several hours both in deep sleep and out of it. I've also tried resetting as well as just driving a bunch on it. No luck.

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd
Resets don't do anything for me either. I suspect it's related to heat for me as two times it has happened with stop and go traffic on longish drives. When it happened last week it was after only about 40 minutes tho so I'm afraid it's getting worse. My biggest concern is that they won't be able to find anything at the SC and I either have to make the 90 minute drive to Richmond multiple times or they have it for weeks while they guess at which parts to replace.

rivian1800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you try rebooting the truck? Hold the right-most button on the steering wheel and the Hazzard button at the time for 15 seconds.
The right-most button? When I do my hard reset I will use the LEFT button and the hazard one for 15 sec. Just saying…

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

There are several members here with early builds where the connectors for the suspension were loose and have intermittent suspension errors. It may be worth checking the easily accessible connectors at all four corners and seat any loose ones.

OP
OP
RivianInVA

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yep, have tried the hard reboot/reset.

There are several members here with early builds where the connectors for the suspension were loose and have intermittent suspension errors. It may be worth checking the easily accessible connectors at all four corners and seat any loose ones.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try reseating any accessible connectors that I can get to.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Your suspension is broken and they told you April… ugh I’d be livid.

OP
OP
RivianInVA

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Your suspension is broken and they told you April… ugh I’d be livid.

lol right! I actually thought I was going crazy when they told me this. I called more than once to make sure they understood my suspension doesn't work 100% of the time, not just a warning light. They deemed it not to be a safety issue.

I am trying pretty hard to get a loaner for the road trip since I'm not super comfortable with traveling long distances with a potentially broken suspension. No luck on that yet either.

Sponsored

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

I had this same issue a few months ago. I checked all the connectors, they were fine. I contacted service and was, like the OP, given a date a few months out.
I drove to the SC and they were able to squeeze me in the next day. They have (make) room in their schedule for things that are not cosmetic issues, so I would drop by there and try that route.

In my case it was a pinched wire in the wiring harness, so they replaced that and I have been good since. (knocks on wood ;) )

OP
OP
RivianInVA

RivianInVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had this same issue a few months ago. I checked all the connectors, they were fine. I contacted service and was, like the OP, given a date a few months out.
I drove to the SC and they were able to squeeze me in the next day. They have (make) room in their schedule for things that are not cosmetic issues, so I would drop by there and try that route.

In my case it was a pinched wire in the wiring harness, so they replaced that and I have been good since. (knocks on wood ;) )

I might end up giving this a shot, although I am 2+ hours from the service center so that's a whole day gamble :D

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

ah yes, I am just 20 minutes away, so that was an easier proposition.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
I might end up giving this a shot, although I am 2+ hours from the service center so that's a whole day gamble :D
You're dealing with central scheduling and all they know is what they see on their computer screen. This is the problem with that service advisor model. Have them contact your SC directly and see if they can get you in. I'd put good money on they can, It's worked for me 3 times.

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd

Happy to ask the SC if it's even a possibility when I drop off on Tuesday (assuming you're talking about Richmond since your profile says VA). I've only had one conversation with them but they've been great so far.
Sponsored