First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Motor Max Pack
Occupation
Sales
I’m wondering what, if any purpose, these dividers serve in the spare tire compartment? My first guess was added support for the deck, but it seems rigid enough that it wouldn’t make a difference?

Rivian R1T R1S Spare tire compartment sectional? IMG_8207
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Originally people were saying it was some sort of requirement to prevent a person from fitting inside the space?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Required because the space is big enough for a child to get inside and there is no way to get out.

solaskaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X,3, R1T Duo Max
Also service stated: the particular design was to house a utility compressor , which subsequently became irrelevant .

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Because when tailgate is closed there is no way to open that area even if an emergency button were installed.

By law if a human can fit then an exit must be had from inside the area. The installed dividers meet this requirement.

Sponsored

HokieHaden

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
VP, National Accounts
Clubs

Because when tailgate is closed there is no way to open that area even if an emergency button were installed.

By law if a human can fit then an exit must be had from inside the area. The installed dividers meet this requirement.
The one I just picked up from a preowned dealer doesn’t have anything in that space. So….I guess I’m breaking the law. 😆

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
The one I just picked up from a preowned dealer doesn’t have anything in that space. So….I guess I’m breaking the law. 😆
I'll sell ya one 😁

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

That law only applies to the vehicle manufacturers "as delivered." Much like the tags on mattresses, the end-user can remove them whenever they want.

unibrowser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Quad
I love the dividers. Sometimes I only throw one or two bags in there and the dividers keep the bag(s) from sliding around while I drive. Especially helpful if any of the bags have delicate items in them like a laptop.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That law only applies to the vehicle manufacturers "as delivered." Much like the tags on mattresses, the end-user can remove them whenever they want.
No way, I've reported this guy to the FBI and he should get ready to be locked up and the key thrown away.

Sponsored

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
I feel like I'm missing something... Mobile service is coming to install my spare in 4 weeks. Wouldn't most people put a spare tire in there instead of using it for storage?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I feel like I'm missing something... Mobile service is coming to install my spare in 4 weeks. Wouldn't most people put a spare tire in there instead of using it for storage?
If you want a spare tire, yes. Lots of people are used to not having a spare tire now, just the can of fix-a-flat, so use it for storage.

HokieHaden

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
VP, National Accounts
Clubs

If you want a spare tire, yes. Lots of people are used to not having a spare tire now, just the can of fix-a-flat, so use it for storage.
Correct. Tesla trained me well - after 20 years of vehicles with a spare tire, Tesla flipped the script and I no longer "need" one. LOL

Magicbus

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Performance R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Occupation
Retired
Fix-a-flat... got it, thanks. I worry more about rolling a tire off the rim while deflated on the beach or having my wife stranded because she got a flat and couldn't get it fixed.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Fix-a-flat... got it, thanks. I worry more about rolling a tire off the rim while deflated on the beach or having my wife stranded because she got a flat and couldn't get it fixed.
Yep. I've killed more tires in ways that fix-a-flat won't fix than that could. I absolutely specced a spare with my R1T.
Sponsored