• Poll closed .
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 VW Vanagon
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

weird, typically mine is one of the first batches... kinda hoped I already had it... Maybe they didn't send out to the impacted people from the last round first this time ;)
Same here. I’m usually in the first batch but not this time. I, too, was in the impacted 3% on 42.0 and no big downloads to the Rivian on my WiFi router yet!
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

That was my understanding as well. Some people just post misinformation at times.
Unless it has changed from June, this is incorrect.

When my 12v was preventing updates, I was a few updates behind. I took it in to service the 12v and apply the updates. The service tech didn't realize how far behind I was and it took them all night to apply the updates in order.

What was supposed to be an hour job turned into an overnight job because they can't just skip to the latest update.

So no, you cannot just skip updates. Now whether or not the process is transparent to the user, that's another issue. I.e. it may say "update to 46!" But then behind the scenes roll out the updates in order.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Anyone know if WI-FI connection is needed to download and get the notification that it's ready for updating? Seems like I have updated before when I wasn't on WI-FI, not completely sure???

Neighbors

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius
Occupation
Media Development
Anyone know if WI-FI connection is needed to download and get the notification that it's ready for updating? Seems like I have updated before when I wasn't on WI-FI, not completely sure???
Nope, I haven't been connected to WiFi since I got my R1S in October of 2022, and all of the updates have still come through just fine :)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Either is fine.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I hear that there are only implementing Festivus so all grievances can be aired.
How many extra customer service people are getting hired to handle Festivus mode?

beyond

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Occupation
The Cloud
Same here. I’m usually in the first batch but not this time. I, too, was in the impacted 3% on 42.0 and no big downloads to the Rivian on my WiFi router yet!
Had to go figure out what the truck was showing up as on mine... comically it shows up as a Linux PC. No big downloads the last 24 hours for me :/.

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Tailgate opens normally using the outside button, app, and center screen. Same for the hood, gear tunnels, and locking the truck. Camp speaker works.
Can I ask why you are specifically calling out the camp speaker? Maybe I missed a comment on that earlier in this thread, but I wasn't aware of any camp speaker update as part of 2023.46. Just curious if I should have hope for improved function on the camp speaker. Thanks!

OP
OP
Cycliste

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Everybody loves the Camp Speaker, so I figured I should actually use it and make sure it works. It was silly humor before I risked updating. I was in the 3% group last time.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
How many extra customer service people are getting hired to handle Festivus mode?
None ... all grievances will be aired to the metal pole!

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

I used to be the first batch for every update until 42, when I was punted to the back of the line. I actually just got 42 last week. Someone was looking out for me, but I expect Ill be back of the line for a few updates.

OP
OP
Cycliste

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I’ve been using Apple beta software for over a decade without big problems. The risk wasn’t high, and I’m old enough to get by if the devices are bricked.

The prior software update on the truck made me realize the stakes are much higher when updating a vehicle that is your only transport except for a bicycle. A phone and a truck are way different in importance.
Sponsored