Sponsored

Software and Rivian App wishlist

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
3.5mm Aux input to stereo (for CB or HAM radio, etc)
Or just get on Amazon & get a $20 BT transmitter, then have the freedom of not needing a hardwire running from your choice of radio mounting locations.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Adding to the list: it would be nice if there was an infotainment feature that would display the relevant camera view when you activate the turn signal.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Adding to the list: it would be nice if there was an infotainment feature that would display the relevant camera view when you activate the turn signal.
Honda offers that (Odyssey minivan, right side only). I can't use it because it takes longer to move my eyes there and figure out what I am seeing than the entire lane change takes.

Turns out it's just a gimmick as far as I'm concerned. YMMV.

OP
OP

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Honda offers that (Odyssey minivan, right side only). I can't use it because it takes longer to move my eyes there and figure out what I am seeing than the entire lane change takes.

I work at a fire department. Probably a peasant compared to most of the ppl on these boards ?, but we have the right-rear facing cameras on all of our apparatus and ambulances. There's some times thats its been pretty helpful. Its certainly not a need, but id like to have it, or at least the ability to customize my infotainment setup to use it if I want.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large

Not useful for lane changes.

Great for slow speed navigation of tight places (e.g. parking lot, or my driveway into my backyard).

Or making a right turn at a stop sign/red light in an urban environment, where you might have bicycles/pedistrian traffic come up on you while you're focusing on vehicular traffic, etc etc.

That's why it's right side only on the Odyssey.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Great for slow speed navigation of tight places (e.g. parking lot, or my driveway into my backyard).

Or making a right turn at a stop sign/red light in an urban environment, where you might have bicycles/pedistrian traffic come up on you while you're focusing on vehicular traffic, etc etc.

Those are also the times I've found it most beneficial.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas

That makes sense. I was driving my friend's Odyssey to the airport and didn't have an opportunity to experience it in those environments. Just on the freeway, basically.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
As mentioned before:

The ability to level the truck for a camp spot or something

-"Off-road mode" with a selectable 5-10-20 mph speed limiter to limit the ability of your right foot to give way to much speed all of a sudden

-With speed limited off-road mode active- Ability to have the truck slightly self level sideways when on a side tilt could help with stability.

-Brake drag turn assist: Ability to have the overhead camera view on the drivers screen, and then on the center screen, the ability to lock the brakes on one side or the other, or even just the back or front brake, and drag the vehicle around a corner to make it around a sharp corner. I'm thinking black bear pass, where I certainly wouldn't want to try the tank turn around those switchbacks, but having the inside turn brakes drag slightly (even with a 2mph speed limiter or something) could be the difference between doing a 3 point turn or just making the turn without any issue.

I hope someone at rivian is reading these, some of them could be crucial to capturing the overland market. There are plenty of people spending $60-80k on brand new jeeps and other trucks, to take them on adventures, and some of these features could really set rivian apart or put them at the forefront of the field.

Last edited:
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Nissan Titan Pro4x
Occupation
Mechanical Eng.
My ideas are not as high tech.

-bluetooth link to third party or from Rivian Camera that can be mounted on back of your trailer.
- Aux relay panel for lights etc. That has programmable controls on the UI.
-Weather sense, that would roll up windows close bed cover when it starts to rain.
-app control for lights (could be handy when camping and want some light around the campsite)
-trailer light check from the app and fob so you can check brake and signals on trailer solo
- Boat launch mode which would allow slow reverse into water and then pull up to spot. (Could be so serious liablity here but no worse than summon mode if you ask me.)

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere else before, but my wish list item would be a way to switch between 2WD and 4WD to potentially save on battery capacity? I'm not sure if you gain much by switching off two of the 4 motors on the wheels, but if it does, it would be a nice feature to increase milage.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere else before, but my wish list item would be a way to switch between 2WD and 4WD to potentially save on battery capacity? I'm not sure if you gain much by switching off two of the 4 motors on the wheels, but if it does, it would be a nice feature to increase milage.
Rest assured that Rivian will be doing anything within reason to maximize range although they would more likely do something like this automatically rather than via a manual control.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Cup holders? :p

Does your Tesla... *NOT* have cupholders?

We have 3 or 4 up front, depending on how we configure the console.
2 in the middle.
And I *think* there's some in the back row, but we haven't had those seats up for over a year.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Mine is a 2015 S. Has two in the front armrest that are small and not very well positioned. None in the rear. And no door pockets front or rear. The lack of cup holders and interior storage of any kind was a running joke amongst early Tesla owners.

There was no center console up front in the early models. Tesla sold one as an aftermarket accessory.

zipityzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Private
I believe it has been officially confirmed that Rivian will not be offering Apple CarPlay nor Android Auto on the Rivian R1T / R1S.

So, here's to Rivian also hopefully being a rockstar, stellar operating system & app developer and maintainer, too.

https://www.[Banned Site].com/threads/no-apple-carplay-or-android-auto.938/

It's been rumored for a while, apparently, so it looks like a long-term decision and not one they're shy about telling potential customers privately.
Sponsored

Last edited: