Sponsored

So how long before you lose your flashlight?

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I'm thinking for me maybe 3... hours? If there's a GPS flashlight tracking option, I might actually invest in that. "Classic Launch Edition R1T WITH THE LEGIT FLASHLIGHT" might actually become something Jay Leno's progeny is looking for one day.

Also, how long will this flashlight stay on between charges? I assume that's not exactly a couple of Duracell Ds in here.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
About the same for me. Actually, I think there is another one in the passenger side door so you have a spare. And because of guys like us I am sure we will be able to buy replacements from the online store.

As to duration I think it is going to be a long time as it uses one of the same cells that is used in the battery pack. Of course it depends on how big a LED they put in there. There are probably brightness settings too.

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I think it's just the driver side. They said it upgrades the 7776 cell count of the top tier to 7777 in one of the videos.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
I think it's just the driver side. They said it upgrades the 7776 cell count of the top tier to 7777 in one of the videos.
Exactly ... with one clarification - 7776 cells is for the middle tier battery pack (135 kWh). At 864 cells per battery module (producing just over 15 kWh) the 135 kWh BP requires 9 battery modules. 864*9=7776

Rivian R1T R1S So how long before you lose your flashlight? Rivian App Unpacked Review Features

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Ah. Too bad. Now they are going to have to make a starboard side door with a flashlight holder for the RHD market so they might as well put the flashlight holder in North American cars passenger doors too an be able to use that same assembly in both markets. Maybe they will see this and do that.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Also, how long will this flashlight stay on between charges? I assume that's not exactly a couple of Duracell Ds in here.
I have a flashlight that runs off a 21700 cell and below are the output/run-time specs. I believe Rivian has indicated theirs will output 1000 Lumens so probably looking at about 3 hrs on a charge.

Rivian R1T R1S So how long before you lose your flashlight? pd40rv2

Reactions: Max

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’ll probably be OK in keeping track of mine. I’ve got two flashlights mounted to my Jeep. I’ve had them for three years and still managed to keep track of them despite a lot of use. The biggest challenge is keep it away from my 9yo son, but I’ve done that by simply giving him his own cheap flashlights.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I’m confident I won’t lose mine. I’m more concerned about it not clicking in all the way and accidentally closing the door. I imagine that could cause a pretty nasty dent.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll probably be OK in keeping track of mine. I’ve got two flashlights mounted to my Jeep. I’ve had them for three years and still managed to keep track of them despite a lot of use. The biggest challenge is keep it away from my 9yo son, but I’ve done that by simply giving him his own cheap flashlights.
That is the biggest struggle. I have 6 yo twins, and can only imagine how many times they are going to grab it as soon as the door opens. They have an odd fascination with flashlights.

Sponsored

Arthur Itiz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mercedes a220, 2021 Mercedes gla250
I am surprised gearshop does not sell it.
I kinda am also. But, those batteries are fairly hard to come by right now so I imagine Rivian uses every single one they can source for the battery packs. Maybe down the road when things settle down they will offer it.

Reactions: Max

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
i won't, but my kids will steal it out of the door and lose it pronto.

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
I have a five, seven, and ten year old. O/u set at 15 minutes from delivery
Sponsored