So how long before you lose your flashlight?

Pherdnut

Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Honda Civic EX - way overdue for upgrade
I'm thinking for me maybe 3... hours? If there's a GPS flashlight tracking option, I might actually invest in that. "Classic Launch Edition R1T WITH THE LEGIT FLASHLIGHT" might actually become something Jay Leno's progeny is looking for one day.

Also, how long will this flashlight stay on between charges? I assume that's not exactly a couple of Duracell Ds in here.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X 100D 2018
About the same for me. Actually, I think there is another one in the passenger side door so you have a spare. And because of guys like us I am sure we will be able to buy replacements from the online store.

As to duration I think it is going to be a long time as it uses one of the same cells that is used in the battery pack. Of course it depends on how big a LED they put in there. There are probably brightness settings too.

OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Honda Civic EX - way overdue for upgrade
I think it's just the driver side. They said it upgrades the 7776 cell count of the top tier to 7777 in one of the videos.

EyeOnRivian

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
I think it's just the driver side. They said it upgrades the 7776 cell count of the top tier to 7777 in one of the videos.
Exactly ... with one clarification - 7776 cells is for the middle tier battery pack (135 kWh). At 864 cells per battery module (producing just over 15 kWh) the 135 kWh BP requires 9 battery modules. 864*9=7776

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X 100D 2018
Ah. Too bad. Now they are going to have to make a starboard side door with a flashlight holder for the RHD market so they might as well put the flashlight holder in North American cars passenger doors too an be able to use that same assembly in both markets. Maybe they will see this and do that.