OP

mrsparks

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram EcoDiesel
I traded in my 1500 Dodge. I had offered to include the plow, thinking it would boost the truck value. The dealer preferred to take the truck without plow. Something about the light duty trucks not being designed for plows, even though some newer ones come pre-wired for them. ?
Sponsored

mikeB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Chevy Colorado
Clubs

Has anyone heard if the Rivian will have a substantial enough frame to support a snow plow? That would be a necessity for me being from up north. I have at the current time a light duty model mounted to my Dodge 1500.
I would suggest you keep your current snow removal plan in place and wait until more real world EV units hit the street. Unless you are good at retrofitting the likes of a plow on any vehicle let those that do so figure it out. Regardless of how careful you are with a plow it will vibrate excessively shaking every fitting and bolt on a vehicle promoting premature wear and tear. Then factor in the cold weather and battery drain. The EV market is young as is Rivian. Maybe best to see how Ford fits the Lightning for the heavy work. I'm looking forward to more info on the towing capability in general.