Ty012

First Name
Ty
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
I added the camp kitchen to my config today. Changed paint option to white to save some money. Not sure I’ll keep the camp kitchen when finalizing order but don’t want to miss out on the utensils being included if I decide to include in final purchase.

Advertisement

aw113sgte

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicles
STI, Tundra, Camaro, Xterra
Occupation
Mechanical engineer, firefighter
I added kitchen as well, since the utensils and gear sled thing are part of it.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Reaction score
First Name
Tylee
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, daiharsu mira, Ranger
I added kitchen as well, since the utensils and gear sled thing are part of it.
I’m curious, does anyone know if the camp kitchen is removable, leaving the sled to use separately? Also, has anyone considered buying the sled and building or doing a DIY kitchen on the sled?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared, #78xx
Reaction score
First Name
Jared, #78xx
Vehicles
Honda Civic
I’m curious, does anyone know if the camp kitchen is removable, leaving the sled to use separately? Also, has anyone considered buying the sled and building or doing a DIY kitchen on the sled?
It is.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Honda S2000
Occupation
Sales
Rivian Dometic Cooktop Discontinued: Interesting, when looking at Dometic's website, the C120 induction cooktop shown in Rivian's kitchen has been discontinued.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian Dometic Cooktop Discontinued: Interesting, when looking at Dometic's website, the C120 induction cooktop shown in Rivian's kitchen has been discontinued.
Interesting. My guess would be that a newer Dometic model is forthcoming, or that Rivian has found an alternative to the prototype kitchens we've seen pictured.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Honda S2000
Occupation
Sales
Interesting. My guess would be that a newer Dometic model is forthcoming, or that Rivian has found an alternative to the prototype kitchens we've seen pictured.
I asked and of course, they did not tell me directly.

Rivian's response: "Thanks for reaching out! It's nice to hear from you, and we appreciate your question. I'm happy to share Rivian Adventure Gear purchased with your Rivian vehicle is covered by the same warranty duration as the Comprehensive Warranty (5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first). This does include the camp kitchen and in an event where it may need service, we’re here to help with any of your vehicle repair needs."

OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2013 BMW F800GS, 1969 Jeep CJ5
Occupation
Software Engineering
Rivian's response: "Thanks for reaching out! It's nice to hear from you, and we appreciate your question. I'm happy to share Rivian Adventure Gear purchased with your Rivian vehicle is covered by the same warranty duration as the Comprehensive Warranty (5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first). This does include the camp kitchen and in an event where it may need service, we’re here to help with any of your vehicle repair needs."
I read this as "We got a deal on a shitload of about-to-be-discontinued Dometic induction cooktops at wholesale and are building them into our Camp Kitchens. We'll figure out Camp Kitchen 2 when we run out."

BigE

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Honda S2000
Occupation
Sales
I read this as "We got a deal on a shitload of about-to-be-discontinued Dometic induction cooktops at wholesale and are building them into our Camp Kitchens. We'll figure out Camp Kitchen 2 when we run out."
My exact thoughts!

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT

Couldnt it also be they bought up the entire inventory/rights & service to the product and now made it theirs for Rivian use only?

theorracle

Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Does anyone happen to know what these (circled) things are? They appear to be collapsible whatever they are.

DA0E24DA-B922-4EAA-8A0D-FB67833231F7.jpeg

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Reservation Holder
Does anyone happen to know what these (circled) things are? They appear to be collapsible whatever they are.

DA0E24DA-B922-4EAA-8A0D-FB67833231F7.jpeg
I believe those are collapsible coffee drips. Rivian did a good job of grouping complimentary items

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement