Rivian R1T R1S Snap Plate // Gen 2 Updates 1682602468387

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I prefer the snowplow in camera look. Not really sure why it annoys some people. You can still make out the front bumper etc.

tjmsquared

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Macan
I prefer hookplate:

https://www.brainexplodermerch.com/product-page/rivian-tow-hook-license-plate

It does not block the front camera at all and I think it just looks cooler to have the plate mounted off to the side.

It won't block the front parking sensors as long as you pay attention to them when you install it. You can move it a bit side-to-side on the tow hook if it is not lines up correctly as well.

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

I just bought Snapplate (Gen 1) two weeks ago and just installed it after my plates arrived yesterday. Wish they could have said something and give customers the choice of buying one immediately if absolutely needed or waiting a bit longer.

Even with the refund, it's effectively $160 for the Snaplate for those who trade in....

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
I appreciate the upgrade offer, but
I just bought Snapplate (Gen 1) two weeks ago and just installed it after my plates arrived yesterday. Wish they could have said something and give customers the choice of buying one immediately if absolutely needed or waiting a bit longer.

Even with the refund, it's effectively $160 for the Snaplate for those who trade in....
I'm in the same boat. Not worth it to me for the small quality of life improvement. I'll continue to look at the imaginary snow plow on my overhead view ;)

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
Got the notice and upgrade offer to trade in the Gen1 for Gen2 Snaplate and already hit buy.

Interested in understanding the upgraded design, please and thanks.

https://everyamp.com/shop/snapplate-r1t-r1s-2022/
As @Dark-Fx pointed out, the biggest change to the Rivian SnapPlate is the new height adjustable feature. We've added 5 variable plate heights for owners to choose as they see fit.
Rivian R1T R1S Snap Plate // Gen 2 Updates 1682965764635

On top of that we've made the rear tabs adjustable and included the necessary T10 tool to adjust. We've found that the grille depth between vehicles can vary ever so slightly and this adjustment ensures the SnapPlate will always fit perfect.
Rivian R1T R1S Snap Plate // Gen 2 Updates 1682965723735

With the expanding feature set we've shifted to greater detail digital instructions which you can find here for more: https://everyamp.com/instructions/instructions-snapplate-rivian-r1ts-2022/

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Thanks @EveryAmp, got the Gen2 Snaplate and installed at one setting lower height. No real significant impact as I thought the original was also excellent.

Also have your phone dash mount. Also thumbsup.

Much appreciate the early support of Rivian.
Sponsored