First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
We've seen about 200kw at about 50% with the R1T, and both CarandDriver and MotorTrend have put in print that Rivian has hold them that the tricks are capable of 300kw charging.
Well given their new and declining reputation, I'm sure they have a few "tricks" to make us believe they are capable of 300kw charging. I have close to 0% faith that the R1T trucks rolling off the line at a snails pace right now will ever have 300 kw charging. You may end up editing your post, but I think that even though the typo probably wasn't intended, it was probably more accurate. :)
Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Yup. It makes total sense. Silverado RST has no trim / price info for mid grade trims yet so that could be a crap shoot too but If I can get a 300 mile RST with mid gate for around $70K, that is a no brainer. Regardless of what GM does, Rivian just priced me out with their specs.
Chevy will be competitive with Ford I'm sure. The Silverado is a superior truck to the Lightning, being that it was designed as an EV from the ground up, thus does warrant higher pricing. The top Platinum Ford is $95,000. The Lariat is $78,000. The XLT is about $10,000 less. Chevy will likely have similar price variances between their models.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Trying to decide which thread to necro. While this is a base WT truck, hopefully should give a good impression on the size difference... Actually a lot closer than I expected.
Rivian R1T R1S Silverado RST vs Rivian R1T 1683911916000

First Name
kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5D, NC Miata, 47 Dodge
Occupation
retired architect
As soon as the word 'optional' appeared before 'midgate', I realized the best feature on the Chevy was not going to be affordable if even available in my price range. I wish Rivian would downgrade the comforts for the backseat passengers and provide a midgate or an operable rear window. I would gladly sacrifice the gear tunnel and its body cutlines for a kayak and 8' lumber load.

Krusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ninety Eight 90 Supra 90 Range Rover
Occupation
Business Owner
Trying to decide which thread to necro. While this is a base WT truck, hopefully should give a good impression on the size difference... Actually a lot closer than I expected.
1683911916000.png
Were you able to get a picture of the truck bed for comparison? I'm more curious of the bed dimensions.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Were you able to get a picture of the truck bed for comparison? I'm more curious of the bed dimensions.
I didn't take any other photos. Looked similar to an ICE Silverado bed in size but the tire humps were strangely long, probably a square arch problem. Definitely more space overall than the R1T. It had a giant weight in it for testing so not much to look at.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
The GM web site claims 5'11" length for the bed.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Last edited: