Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 , Model Y and take delivery of R1T
Occupation
Real Estate Inv com owner
Clubs

Great Review, one major bit of info would be very helpful…
When did you order your R1S?

thanks in advance
Sponsored

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
Nice review. Always like reading "real world" reviews like these. I'd love to hear more comparisons of the R1 and the 911. I know they are very different cars but I've spent considerable amount of time in the 911 but very little in the R1 and would appreciate the comparison. Cheers.
They are very different cars. Hard to compare. I had my 911 out yesterday for the first time in a while...been driving the R1T mostly. The biggest thing I noticed was I had to drive around a while before I could get on it. Gotta warm up that motor. R1T you just go.

R1T is much more comfortable and easy to drive. You just get in and go. 911 you actually have to drive and pay attention more. But thats why I have it. I want to be able to manually shift gears, hear the engine wind up, etc. R1 is an overall better car, easy to drive, way faster in a line. 911 has way more emotion. Id still take the 911 on a road trip with just the wife over the R1T.

OP
OP
thunderdeep

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
I think Sienfeld said it best... “The key to driving,” Seinfeld said “is having the right car on the right road on the right day and being in the right mood. You have four elements that [make] a great drive...”

Sunny day, no where to go, back roads out by the coast... 911 every single time... You feel more of the road and YOU are driving, especially if you have the 6 speed (and if you have a 911 why would you not?!)
Rainy day, gotta get $#!^ done, crap to take with you... Rivian is the right tool...

BUT man this Rivian is a nice package- effortless and fun.

OP
OP
thunderdeep

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
Great Review, one major bit of info would be very helpful…
When did you order your R1S?

thanks in advance
In my footer I ordered Dec 2018. I think I got delayed because I added the Underbody shield later...

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

whats your VIN? wondering if because it might be a lower number it still has the wood trim on the headrest. or maybe its just FE that doesnt have the wood trim any longer.

Sponsored

Jay565

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hyundai
Are you getting much wind/cabin noise?

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
On the sound system hopefully it can be improved by updated codecs. Tesla has tweaked there system nicely.
Sponsored