tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

That is a bummer. I wonder how it will impact local delivery timelines. Maybe this was known for awhile and thats why our R1S delivery date went from June/July to 1st half of 2023 rather than just pushing to later in 2022 like other June/July deliveries did.
I think so bc that is what happened with mine.

Gaithersburg is what an employee told me on my First Drive but will see.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I don’t understand why they bailed on Rockville. I was there for a few minutes the day I took delivery. It was an old BMW dealer. They claimed the shop “had no lifts” which seems strange unless they were all two-post floor mount and BMW took them out when they left. It wasn’t the nicest or best location but seems like it could’ve been viable until they were able to stand up something else in the area. [SCENE MISSING].

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I don’t understand why they bailed on Rockville. I was there for a few minutes the day I took delivery. It was an old BMW dealer. They claimed the shop “had no lifts” which seems strange unless they were all two-post floor mount and BMW took them out when they left. It wasn’t the nicest or best location but seems like it could’ve been viable until they were able to stand up something else in the area. [SCENE MISSING].

Tesla purchased the location.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

So Rivian was just renting it?

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

I had my recall service appt yesterday. The tech said the Gaithersburg site has to be built out so it’s not scheduled to open until April.

Hoo D. Hoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Prius, 2022 Pacifica PHEV, 2023 Bolt EUV
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Well, that's something to look forward to.

Drove by the old one yesterday and the Tesla signage was up. Didn't notice if it was open yet.
Sponsored