kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rockville Location is now Closed down and will become a Tesla Dealership. Rockville will be setting up a new location somewhere in Moco (Gaithersburg from what one person said) but it is not anytime soon. All deliveries will be from Richmond or NYC during the transition. If anyone has any more information please post up
Sponsored

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
That is a bummer. I wonder how it will impact local delivery timelines. Maybe this was known for awhile and thats why our R1S delivery date went from June/July to 1st half of 2023 rather than just pushing to later in 2022 like other June/July deliveries did.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I find this… weird.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That is very odd. I would imagine there are plenty of deliveries to be made in that area:movember:

Sponsored

elihertz

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Adventure Package, Canyon Red, Large battery.
Occupation
IT Executive
Curious and disturbing. I too wonder what business drivers propogated that move so early in the lifecycle of the market in this region.

Reactions: Guy

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Bummer - but thank you for keeping us up-to-date @kanundrum. I suspect they will have a lot of orders from this neck of the woods so they are going to have to set up shop somewhere.

Do we know what happened to the potential DC location? I recall pictures of RJ and team scoping out an old warehouse?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Bummer - but thank you for keeping us up-to-date @kanundrum. I suspect they will have a lot of orders from this neck of the woods so they are going to have to set up shop somewhere.

Do we know what happened to the potential DC location? I recall pictures of RJ and team scoping out an old warehouse?

Id imagine its a no go, I was checking the location thru DC portal for the past few years with no traction. It could have been an amazing spot but logistically it was a wash with traffic etc. Id imagine their new Moco Location if correct (Gaithersburg) would be way more beneficial and have more real estate. Im still trying to track it down thru Moco Business portal but no luck so far.

From a few groups the techs have a temp annapolis location which they do for minor service otherwise Richmond is the go to which sucks since its basically 4/5 RT.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
It is a bummer this location (or an alternative) isn't fully operational yet. My truck was delivered from Rockville and is going to Brooklyn for service this weekend.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
My first real world view of a R1T was at this location (albeit as a trespasser :)). Sad to see it go because this means I will have little to no chance of checking out the colors in person at some point. It's really surprising that Rivian has not prioritized bringing a service center closer to the population hub in DMV considering their potential customer base here. Yet another Rivian head-scratcher.

Sponsored

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
You make a good point, Picard. They also are missing out on engagement with Congressional and federal government staff.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
My first real world view of a R1T was at this location (albeit as a trespasser :)). Sad to see it go because this means I will have little to no chance of checking out the colors in person at some point. It's really surprising that Rivian has not prioritized bringing a service center closer to the population hub in DMV considering their potential customer base here. Yet another Rivian head-scratcher.
Can't speak to the prioritization other than to say that rivian has quite a few things in the Urgent and Important quadrant they are dealing with.

That said, I spoke briefly with an employee from the Richmond SC today who moved down there when the Rockville one closed. He said the Rockville location was temporary and they are working on a more permanent location in the DC area to be opened in "a few months". We shall see.

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Id imagine its a no go, I was checking the location thru DC portal for the past few years with no traction. It could have been an amazing spot but logistically it was a wash with traffic etc. Id imagine their new Moco Location if correct (Gaithersburg) would be way more beneficial and have more real estate. Im still trying to track it down thru Moco Business portal but no luck so far.

From a few groups the techs have a temp annapolis location which they do for minor service otherwise Richmond is the go to which sucks since its basically 4/5 RT.
I read and understood that the DC location was going to more of a ‘lobby strategic’ showrooming facility - given the neighborhood it would not be prudent for offloading/storage/delivery/service.
Gaithersburg is convenient to the entire DC Baltimore Northern Virginia region (not to mention 45 minutes home by bike ;-)

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I read and understood that the DC location was going to more of a ‘lobby strategic’ showrooming facility - given the neighborhood it would not be prudent for offloading/storage/delivery/service.
Gaithersburg is convenient to the entire DC Baltimore Northern Virginia region (not to mention 45 minutes home by bike ;-)
Gaithersburg is not convenient to anyone on the south end of the beltway.. Alexandria.

There has not been any indication of a real location in the district for some time. I’d wager years before Rivian opens anything in the District, if ever.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This is bizarre. They should have closed the temporary Rockville center AFTER getting a permanent local SC. Having two centers to cover from NY to NC is ridiculous. They have less centers than even Lucid and deliveries are ramping as are wait times for service. It should not have been that hard to open more centers as well as at least a second d hub in the past year.
Sponsored