timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I just read that Georgia effectively blocked both of Rivian's legislative attempts to sell direct to customers.

Honestly between the politization of their new factory location and this, Rivian should tell Georgia to kick rocks and look at Texas and Arizona again.
Good luck getting a different result in Texas...
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I just read that Georgia effectively blocked both of Rivian's legislative attempts to sell direct to customers.

Honestly between the politization of their new factory location and this, Rivian should tell Georgia to kick rocks and look at Texas and Arizona again.
If I was a business that employed people who aren’t white heterosexual males, I wouldn’t be looking at Texas.

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

If I was a business that employed people who aren’t white heterosexual males, I wouldn’t be looking at Texas.
My comment was for legitimate discourse, not casting blanket aspersions on an entire state. I'm sure Tesla employs at least one or two minorities after all.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

Uggg... Dealer lobby continues to be far too powerful. The one glimmer of hope is that Georgia also took an extremely long time to finally allow microbreweries to sell direct to customers. That business is now thriving here, but it took a MASSIVE effort to get the new laws past the distributor-friendly General Assembly.

Edit: The glimmer of hope is that we did eventually make a tiny crack in the distributors' stronghold. Maybe we'll eventually be able to do the same for EVs.

OP
OP
kurtlikevonnegut

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Just to show that not everyone in Covington is mad about Rivian, I was just walking away from my truck and heard someone behind me say "dors it drive nice?" They asked how it compared to a Ford and said they knew about Rivian because they live near where the new plant will be. They seemed happy enough about it and we're very friendly.
Sponsored