First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I thought we had decided it was going to be somewhere out in Herndon.
Do we know if it could be Herndon?

I just want them to have a service center. That way we have a better chance of getting our R1T sooner. Make it so.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Do we know if it could be Herndon?

I just want them to have a service center. That way we have a better chance of getting our R1T sooner. Make it so.

Apparently DC is on hold for now and concentration on Richmond which will be DC's main POC for vehicle delivery etc as far as I last heard.

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
Apparently DC is on hold for now and concentration on Richmond which will be DC's main POC for vehicle delivery etc as far as I last heard.
I just don't get Rivian's strategy/ignoring the DMV. Richmond first? The population of Richmond is ~225,000. There are over 6 million people in the DMV (6th largest in the US) and according to the 2010 census the DMV has 10 of the top 20 counties ranked by median household income. Teslas are everywhere and I'm sure there are plenty of other EV's here as well. Yet we can't even get a demo scheduled, let alone any confirmation on a brick and mortar location. What gives???

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
I just don't get Rivian's strategy/ignoring the DMV. Richmond first? The population of Richmond is ~225,000. There are over 6 million people in the DMV (6th largest in the US) and according to the 2010 census the DMV has 10 of the top 20 counties ranked by median household income. Teslas are everywhere and I'm sure there are plenty of other EV's here as well. Yet we can't even get a demo scheduled, let alone any confirmation on a brick and mortar location. What gives???
Tesla and Lucid are both in Tysons, I believe. Seems like a missed opportunity.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Yeah, I was at the lucid store this week. Tyson's is a major foot traffic location very convenient to all those high income folks who would otherwise get a McLaren SUV or G wagon. I know it's kind of weird for a car show room, but as mentioned, it worked for Tesla very well.

Ignoring WMA DMV, and all the money bags here is a big mistake.

All we get is this lousy forum?

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Just found this thread. It does seem Rivian has overlooked the DMV a bit. It will be interesting to see if this changes in the new year.

StevePresley

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-S0-0N-: R1S Adv/Lg Pk 22s El Cap.
Occupation
Product Manager for SaaS company
Tesla and Lucid are both in Tysons, I believe. Seems like a missed opportunity.
I think it's based on availability of a service center location, and one was easily acquired and is being retrofitted in Richmond. When a suitable location were to become available in NoVA or MD nearby, am sure it will pop up. Based on the surveys, there aren't a ton of MD/DEL/VA people who signed up either, so all of us non-NYers east coasters are getting the shaft as we're not one of the first 6 locations listed for early deliveries.

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
I think it's based on availability of a service center location, and one was easily acquired and is being retrofitted in Richmond. When a suitable location were to become available in NoVA or MD nearby, am sure it will pop up. Based on the surveys, there aren't a ton of MD/DEL/VA people who signed up either, so all of us non-NYers east coasters are getting the shaft as we're not one of the first 6 locations listed for early deliveries.
What do you consider early delivery?

StevePresley

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
What do you consider early delivery?
The first batches going out as per the posting after the earnings call. New York was the only east coast service center mentioned. I'd think anyone in Mid-Atlantic (who are all much much further inine ahead of me) will be lucky to see an April to June delivery.

Sponsored

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
The first batches going out as per the posting after the earnings call. New York was the only east coast service center mentioned. I'd think anyone in Mid-Atlantic (who are all much much further inine ahead of me) will be lucky to see an April to June delivery.
My delivery is scheduled for March/April. I live in Southern Maryland. I actually prefer going to Richmond rather than NoVa for service.

StevePresley

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My delivery is scheduled for March/April. I live in Southern Maryland. I actually prefer going to Richmond rather than NoVa for service.
Fingers crossed they get up and going in Q1 then!

I've seen some of the job postings being removed, assuming it's because they have been filled! Trying to get my brother to apply as a service tech but he doesn't have the 3 years EV experience they are asking for.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Ok LL Bean in Tyson's is closing. This would be a perfect place for Rivian.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Ok LL Bean in Tyson's is closing. This would be a perfect place for Rivian.
Wow I hadn't seen that, sorry to see LLBean go. I love the store and the brand but feel both have gone downhill over the last few years even before covid.

Agree that the store would be perfect for them, some pricey real estate though

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I also live in SoMD, if you get yours March/April, I’d love to check it out!
Sponsored