Sponsored

Rivian Service?

Cubsnlinux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Hello,
Are there any Rivian service centers? I am interested to order a R1T but holding back because of concerns around serviceability. What are Rivian owners doing if they need things fixed? What about parts availability if there is a collision? I own a Tesla and their service downright sucks. I want to switch to a Rivian but I am afraid if the same issues around service would follow along.
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
As you know it's a brand new product and the company is still "under construction". Early adopters take/accept risks. There are not enough vehicles on the road long enough to even begin to understand failure modes. Sounds like early adoption may not be in your game plan. If you order today, you are at least a year from delivery. Service issues will be much better known by then. Seems like your best move is to reserve today, and if you don't like what you see between now and then, cancel and get a refund. If you wait to order until the service network is better developed, you could be looking at a 2024 or 2025 delivery.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Hello,
Are there any Rivian service centers? I am interested to order a R1T but holding back because of concerns around serviceability. What are Rivian owners doing if they need things fixed? What about parts availability if there is a collision? I own a Tesla and their service downright sucks. I want to switch to a Rivian but I am afraid if the same issues around service would follow along.
I often share that concern. When that happens I look back on how lousy my local service experience has been and the concern passes.

Last edited:

FortyTwo

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Scion tC
Clubs

I am really hoping that Rivian takes a better approach to service and maintenance than Tesla has. It is a big concern for me.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I am really hoping that Rivian takes a better approach to service and maintenance than Tesla has. It is a big concern for me.
it seems like most of rivian’s strategy is to not mess up the things that Tesla has.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
One can hope!
Tesla wrote the book on “how not to do it”, and rivisn has lots of refugees from Tesla so…should be alright. Plus unlike Tesla, Rivian seems to get that there is only one chance at quality
Sponsored