Sponsored

Rivian R1T Colors - Previews

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
@aAlpine, Please don't stop there...Can you do a crimson black color or a dark grey?
I Googled "crimson black" and came up with pictures of Nissan Altimas from around 2010. You sure that's what you want? :p

Not all colors are as easy to do. For example the blue tends to show up at the edges for some more than others (maybe because of stuff like this http://brainden.com/color-illusions.htm :surprised:). I also tried doing a sunset yellow but it just ended up gold and gaudy IMO. I think because a painted yellow wouldn't be as shiny and just changing the hues isn't enough to make it look good.

Here's a dark gray that turned out okay-ish:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Colors - Previews rivian-dark-gray

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
That dark gray with the reddish-brown tinge is a great color. I'd order it in a second if it were available on the R1S.

Sponsored

Rivnut1

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, 1954 Jaguar XK120, 1950 Tatra Tatraplan T600, 1958 Cameo Carrier Pick up, 1963 Mercury Comet S-22 Convertible
Both the R1T and S are such handsome vehicles they look fantastic in ALL these colors... it will be VERY hard to choose no matter what. Thanks @aAlpine for creating and posting all these colors, it's great to see.

I saw a pale, periwinkle in very fine metallic color in an image of an R1T somewhere but have not been able to find it again. @aAlpine, will you do one in that color for me?

azjohnny

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
My favs are the crimson black and gray

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
This past Sunday I attended the Rivian free public event in Normal, IL. FWIW, while talking with the team lead of one of the EAVs I asked if all 8 exterior colors will be available for both EAVs. The response was yes and that the colors that we've seem so far will be available for the production vehicles. So we've seen silver, evergreen, light blue, and white. The rep also mentioned there will be a black. That leaves 3 colors that have not been revealed. When I asked if they will be something other than the usual main stream colors, rep responded with "Oh yea!" but couldn't reveal what they will be. When I egged the rep on with a couple of colors (e.g. metallic root beer or burnt copper) the rep initially just smiled ... well, there was a little more of a under-the-breath comment but it was done in confidence. <wink><wink> Let's just say I walked away with a smile too. :)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Don't forget about the flat gray in Argentina.....
Good catch, but I didn't mention it because the Rivian rep didn't. Perhaps he forgot ... and perhaps a little of me hoping it won't be one of the colors (since they already have silver) and it taking up a spot for a color that's a little more exciting. :fingerscrossed: Plus, per Rivian tweet, the EAVs in Argentina have changes to them that will NOT be available for production, so perhaps the flat gray is a custom color requested for filming the Long Way Down series. (?)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Good catch, but I didn't mention it because the Rivian rep didn't. Perhaps he forgot ... and perhaps a little of me hoping it won't be one of the colors (since they already have silver) and it taking up a spot for a color that's a little more exciting. :fingerscrossed: Plus, per Rivian tweet, the EAVs in Argentina have changes to them that will NOT be available for production, so perhaps the flat gray is a custom color requested for filming the Long Way Down series. (?)
The changes that won't be on the production vehicles they talked about were specific to the steering wheel/s and the dash components. I have it on good authority that the gray will be one of the eight...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I think it will be either white, flat gray, or gobi tan for me.

Here's to hoping we see the full suite of color options soon!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
BTW, does anyone here have the photoshop skills to put the wheels from the blue R1T on an R1S?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

The changes that won't be on the production vehicles they talked about were specific to the steering wheel/s and the dash components. I have it on good authority that the gray will be one of the eight...
I am really hoping that there is a darker gray than the Argentina mule.
Sponsored