Sponsored

SamDoe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Ford GT350
Clubs

I hope the explore model comes out soon for pre-order with deliveries in 2024.

Remove the camp speaker, wood dash, flash light, ventilated seats, tow hooks, microfiber headliner, yellow accents and like 8 speakers to call it the explore model for $4,000 less.

Now customers can get a Rivian dual motor explore edition starting at $74,000 with standard pack and $80,000 with large pack. LA silver and 21” road wheels to keep it below $80,000.

it will easily beat the model X price drop in terms of value , performance and capability.
Not to mention ditching the air suspension and compressors.

Anyway, I hope this drawer has a power port in it to utilize the power that's available to charge the speaker. Probably not though.
Sponsored

Iamuwere

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
This would be huge. I missed the cooled box in the armrest of my Land Rover dearly. It was amazingly useful. It isn't a full on refrigerator unit, just a chiller plate in a metal bin. It is only a couple hundred dollar add on. This should be not terribly hard to replicate.

I am tempted to buy an extra one of the LR coolers and try to reverse engineer the bits into the space the rivian has. Even if it extended off the front of that space, that could be covered with a cover and gives a good place to vent air.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2955795518...91A3tYRkTk2Jh2I3U6ysBBXDVkbp2fHRoCtY8QAvD_BwE

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

This would be huge. I missed the cooled box in the armrest of my Land Rover dearly. It was amazingly useful. It isn't a full on refrigerator unit, just a chiller plate in a metal bin. It is only a couple hundred dollar add on. This should be not terribly hard to replicate.
I miss that, too. I think it might be best if Rivian offered the storage drawer and then offered a chilled compartment to replace the storage area under the center armrest. I think that would give enough space for 4 bottles, like our Land Rover’s did.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, ID.4
Occupation
Software Dev & VOL FF
Spoiler alert: they're just 3d printing them like 90% of the vendors advertising on this forum :idea:
I'm one of the folks selling 3D printed drawers. Mine is on Etsy. I think there are only two of us do it with any regularity. :) We're filling a niche until Rivian comes out with theirs. However, I very much doubt Rivian will 3D print their version. It's usually not cost effective on scale. There are non-hobbyist 3D printers they could use, but it's still cheaper to go the injection molding route for thousands of pieces. I'm at the hundreds-of-pieces scale and doing it mostly just for fun. They'll likely mass-produce them via injection molding.

Last edited:
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, ID.4
Occupation
Software Dev & VOL FF
3 weeks in and I have yet to try either the torch light or the speaker out. Weekend project.
Just used my light the other day, after first using my iPhone light. Wow - great little flashlight that Rivian provides us. The problem is remembering it's there next time.

Sponsored

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
Just used my light the other day, after first using my iPhone light. Wow - great little flashlight that Rivian provides us. The problem is remembering it's there next time.
Man, I use it all the time. I use the Camp Speaker now and then (That's the one I forget is there) but man it came in handy when the last software update rolled out.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I'm one of the folks selling 3D printed drawers. Mine is on Etsy. I think there are only two of us do it with any regularity. :) We're filling a niche until Rivian comes out with theirs. However, I very much doubt Rivian will 3D print their version. It's usually not cost effective on scale. There are non-hobbyist 3D printers they could use, but it's still cheaper to go the injection molding route for thousands of pieces. I'm at the hundreds-of-pieces scale and doing it mostly just for fun. They'll likely mass-produce them via injection molding.
Twas a joke...

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Ah, ok. There are industrial 3D printers... so it wasn't entirely off the mark.
If you check my signature, around the "Occupation" area, you'll quickly realize I'm...very aware of manufacturing methodologies and product design. And I have integrated and used HP MultiJet Fusion and similar technologies in other SLS machines.

I'm sitting within 6 feet of 2 FDM-style 3d Printers as I type this.

Thanks for playing :)
Sponsored