Rivian Lease Deals are extremely favorable right now

Drathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Occupation
IT
I’m happy I was able to find a secure a lease on a ‘23 R1S. To be able to pay in the $700s monthly for a $103k build I was all in.
Wow that’s a great deal, did you put any money down? I’m trying to figure out why my quoted monthly payment for a ‘23 RT1 QM 89k is in the mid-900’s. I keep seeing people post great deals and it’s befuddling.
Sponsored

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

Wow that’s a great deal, did you put any money down? I’m trying to figure out why my quoted monthly payment for a ‘23 RT1 QM 89k is in the mid-900’s. I keep seeing people post great deals and it’s befuddling.
Are you a pre-price holder that got the price voucher? It's the reason a lot of the better lease deals are showing up vs yours.

Some people might be putting money down or credit score could impact your rates too.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

R1S leases seem to be much cheaper. My guess is higher residual?

Play with their calculator and you will see it, the difference was much bigger in my testing on 2 year leases which suggests a higher residual.

jaygar562

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
A lot of variables go into the payment. Depending on what state you’re in, there could be extra fees added. Then comes in down payment, term, mileage, etc. The ‘23 deals from what I saw were mostly for the 36 mth term. I did a basic 36/10k and yes, I put down $3k instead of the $7k Rivian automatically suggested. If I would have done $0 down, it would have gone up about $90/mth. At the end of the lease, everything came out to be almost the same (total money spent) whether you put a down payment or not. Down payments are personal preference I feel…, many people don’t want to do it in case the vehicle is ever totaled during the lease, others don’t really worry about that like me.

Sponsored

moeman2323

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Find the number for your local delivery center that is doing the delivery. They respond.
How does one find the number to their local delivery center? (Madison Heights, MI)

All I've been able to find is main corporate phone numbers.

moeman2323

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
A lot of variables go into the payment. Depending on what state you’re in, there could be extra fees added. Then comes in down payment, term, mileage, etc. The ‘23 deals from what I saw were mostly for the 36 mth term. I did a basic 36/10k and yes, I put down $3k instead of the $7k Rivian automatically suggested. If I would have done $0 down, it would have gone up about $90/mth. At the end of the lease, everything came out to be almost the same (total money spent) whether you put a down payment or not. Down payments are personal preference I feel…, many people don’t want to do it in case the vehicle is ever totaled during the lease, others don’t really worry about that like me.
I put $0 down because I calculated the difference to be $2 more over the life of the lease than if I put $6k down. With the additional fees and taxes upfront, I couldn't stomach paying 9.5k at signing. I'd rather keep $6k liquid in my HYSA earning interest and spread it over the life of the lease in monthly chunks.

Drathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the reply, I guess I need to put my blinders on and focus on my deal and not what others got. I appreciate the reality check! I wish Rivian was a little more transparent during this process.

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

How does one find the number to their local delivery center? (Madison Heights, MI)

My local (Columbus) texted me a few days back to schedule delivery, that's how I got the number.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

To be fair if they could deliver your vehicle before the end of the month they would certainly be pushing you to take delivery, since they scheduled you for the 5th it was probably still in transit to your local SC.

moeman2323

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
To be fair if they could deliver your vehicle before the end of the month they would certainly be pushing you to take delivery, since they scheduled you for the 5th it was probably still in transit to your local SC.
That's a fair assumption. At the same time, it was scheduled pretty instantly after I confirmed the configuration, so it could have been automated scheduling. Either way, I'd appreciate some sort of communication/confirmation from a human being aside from automated messages.

Chwtom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
I live in Wisconsin and would like to lease a Rivian. They currently don’t support leasing in Wisconsin but do in tow neighboring states. I think it’s not available in Wisconsin because we don’t have a rivian center here yet. Does anyone know if that’s why? I don’t mind driving to IL to pick it up.

if it would be ok to go that route how would that make it happen? Do I just use a friends address for the order and then register and get a WI tag when I get home?

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts

My understanding is that the Service people at the main office can transfer you to the local Service Center. Cumbersome, but it worked the one time I really needed it.

Good luck -- enjoy your R1!