Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

found this in the last ux video the interior was dark and there is a dim flashing "probably due to the camera frame rate" light behind the wood dash. would still love to see a good night shot of the interior.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian interior ambient light 1633359080122
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I have a little device with a button on it that controls my 25 y/o garage door opener. I'm going to stick with that.

Is it Alexa or Siri enabled? ;)

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I always wondered why vehicles don't have a simple super easy to access and control dimmer switch on the door. Like you do for a bedroom or living room. When you enter sometimes you want just a dim light to turn on. Other times you want it torched so you can find something. Interior lighting and controls always seem to be garbage in virtually all vehicles. Here's hoping Rivian at least made it a little better than average.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I always wondered why vehicles don't have a simple super easy to access and control dimmer switch on the door. Like you do for a bedroom or living room. When you enter sometimes you want just a dim light to turn on. Other times you want it torched so you can find something. Interior lighting and controls always seem to be garbage in virtually all vehicles. Here's hoping Rivian at least made it a little better than average.
Wouldn’t be hard to make it a setting in the app, probably

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The control for intensity in the Bolt is great. It's a rotary that you push into the dash when you're not using it so you don't accidentally change it when reaching for the headlight switch. Want to change it again? Push it in and it comes out. I hate this trend of moving away from physical switches, but ultimately they are doing it because it's a cost savings. Race to the bottom is one of the worst things about most industries.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The control for intensity in the Bolt is great. It's a rotary that you push into the dash when you're not using it so you don't accidentally change it when reaching for the headlight switch. Want to change it again? Push it in and it comes out. I hate this trend of moving away from physical switches, but ultimately they are doing it because it's a cost savings. Race to the bottom is one of the worst things about most industries.
I think manufacturers also like the flexibility of not having dedicated hardware controls for OTA changes and improvements.

I think it would be ideal if the large touchscreen had two rotary knobs at the bottom edge so the display could provide on-screen dynamic labels (when in entertainment the left knob is volume and the right knob is source, when in climate, the left knob in driver temp and the right knob is passenger temp, when in vehicle controls the left knob is drive mode and the right knob is ride height, etc.) then you can add a new feature set or allow driver preference to dictate what the knobs do in each setting. Maybe in entertainment I want the right knob to be front/rear fade so I can easily adjust when I have rear seat passengers.

Likewise, I’d love to see two little strips of display above the existing steering wheel controls so they are dynamically labeled based on the functions currently being controlled. Even icons would be better than having to remember that the scroll wheel is set speed and the left and right buttons are following distance, as an example.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Ambient lighting in a delivered vehicle!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian interior ambient light 90B15660-2293-4A39-BC8D-93E15EE23D40