Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Capital One executive recruited as CIO

“Lye has held numerous tech-centric leadership roles over the past three decades, including a nine-year stint at Amazon on the retail business side and at Amazon Web Services. She went on to the capital markets division at Citi and consumer banking and capital markets at Bank of America.”
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Hopefully this doesn't mean an end or big reduction in OTA's. I have come to really find the ever evolving nature of the OTA's a big draw for me.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Let's be positive. She worked at some serious organizations, managing large teams with major projects. I am sure if you went down the list she was involved in some major technology rollouts at these organizations. This could be really good for Rivian's future.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Ouch. That is a resume of evil.
Is evil the banking/fiscal side eclipsing the tech side?

Hopefully, she has both arrows in the quiver and would not have been qualified for Chief Information Officer without tech heavy expertise. Naive, maybe, but do like the stronger E Suite since mid 2022.

I’m old enough to think CIO is Chief Investment Officer.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Hopefully this doesn't mean an end or big reduction in OTA's. I have come to really find the ever evolving nature of the OTA's a big draw for me.
It will depend on this person’s philosophy. If they are aware of and supportive of the idea of continuous improvement…the flow of updates will be good. If they’re some sort of weird Luddite/every stereotype of a management person who wants to “make their mark”, it’s gonna get dark in a hurry or they’ll be replaced.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Ouch. That is a resume of evil.
Harsh but a fair question.
That background is not what you want to hear at a dinner table introduction, "… here's my friend Diane, her job is "Information" and her last name is "Lye" … ha! … so funny … yeah, she's been at Amazon in AWS then Citi and B of A … hah hah … at least she didn't work at Exxon, Wells Fargo or Enron, amiright?! … hey Diane, tell us about when you were Chief Ethics Officer at Theranos working with old Lizzy Holmes that scallywag!"

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Doubtful. Unless it impacts the overall IT strategy of Rivian, it won't change. RJ is similar to Elon in that he looks at the cars as a technology platform. The frequent OTAs are a crucial part of that strategy. Legacy automakers don't have that philosophy, which is one reason they just started doing OTAs and they don't do them very often. Most times those OTAs are just bug fixes and not feature enhancements. For instance, my Jeep Wrangler has a fairly capable uConnect 8. It's been capable of OTAs since 2018 but FCA (now Stellantis) has only done a handful of updates. Those updates are only bug fixes and sometimes actually remove features. They have a totally different strategy...
Sponsored