First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I do mean the U shape thing. Are you suggesting thousands of bed extenders are sold to people that don’t know what to do with them?
If there are some that fit well, you do have a point. I just like how you can buy a new frontier with one made for it and have no doubt Rivian will have something to add to it’s usefulness.
I understand where you are coming from. My Avalanche has a short bed, although the unique feature is that I can drop the rear seats and the "midgate", and carry 8 foot sheets of lumber. I looked at U shaped cargo extenders but found them to be more of a pain to store/remove depending on what I am carrying. For me, a cargo net was a better solution than the U shaped extender.
Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I understand where you are coming from. My Avalanche has a short bed, although the unique feature is that I can drop the rear seats and the "midgate", and carry 8 foot sheets of lumber. I looked at U shaped cargo extenders but found them to be more of a pain to store/remove depending on what I am carrying. For me, a cargo net was a better solution than the U shaped extender.
I drooled over Avalanche for years but never got one. If I had that setup with midgate, I would skip the extender. If there was an Avalanche BEV at a reasonable price, it would be a serious competition for Rivian, CT and lightening.

Last edited:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I drooled over Avalanche for years but never got one. If I had that setup with midgate, I would skip the extender. If there was an Avalanche BEV at a reasonable price, it would be a serious competition for Rivian, CT and lightening.
Agree. It would have made things interesting if Rivian implemented a midgate instead of the tunnel. From the camping viewpoint, they could have incorporated the entire interior of the vehicle into a bed mounted tent. Here's an interesting back story on why they discontinued the Avalanche, even though it was popular. Avalanche has held it's resale value better than Silverado.

Reactions: Max

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
Important distinction. Android Auto is a application that runs on top of the car OS.

Android Automotive is a full fledged operating system for the automobile, that can also run Android Auto.

The direct equivalent to QNX is Android Automotive. For real world example; the Polestar vehicles have Android Automotive OS.

Totally agree with you on these. My question, has anyone seen a great QNX auto system? It seems like most who used QNX are moving on to Android Auto.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Important distinction. Android Auto is a application that runs on top of the car OS.

Android Automotive is a full fledged operating system for the automobile, that can also run Android Auto.

The direct equivalent to QNX is Android Automotive. For real world example; the Polestar vehicles have Android Automotive OS.
Sorry your correct and I was referring to the full OS version not the android version CarPlay, I just truncated it without thinking about the other version.

So does Volvo in the full electric. Volvo is moving to the Android Automotive OS as they transition models to full electric.
Sponsored