Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

There's just not enough room in the gear tunnel for a decent fridge because of how oddly shaped it is. It would have to be completely custom made. Needing decent insulation on every side and a production ready method of making sure you can actually get the heat out of the tunnel probably just made it not feasible.

The original dimensions given for the frunk made it seem like there would be plenty of room for my Dometic CFX3 95DZ but after looking at pictures of it, it's really looking like it might not. The space is more of a stretched hexagon shape than a rectangle. And it's only 22.7 inches deep in the area where the removable section is.

1633093276548.png

Pic is from Motortrend. don't know if this is how it looks in the finished truck or if this was pre-production.

If you intend on actually using a fridge/cooler while on offroading trips, you probably want the thing tied down as well. Since Rivian said they keep the 12V outlets live all of the time, I plan on just leaving my fridge in the frunk. It'll be tied down and difficult to remove either way.
Just wish there was nice tie downs in the floor to strap it down. normally I wouldn't care and just screw some tie downs into the floor but especially with the emergency response guide that just came out I'm so scared to drill cut or screw into anything on this truck.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just wish there was nice tie downs in the floor to strap it down. normally I wouldn't care and just screw some tie downs into the floor but especially with the emergency response guide that just came out I'm so scared to drill cut or screw into anything on this truck.
If my fridge doesn't actually fit, I'm planning on pulling all the plastic out of the frunk and seeing if there's anything that can be done to make more room. I'm not sure there will be though.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Camp Kitchen walkthrough by TechCrunch 1633094644566

The batteries on the top of the motor/inverter stack are at the back of the frunk. Still possible this could be an early design but there sure doesn't look like as much space as I originally anticipated from the maximum dimensions.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

If my fridge doesn't actually fit, I'm planning on pulling all the plastic out of the frunk and seeing if there's anything that can be done to make more room. I'm not sure there will be though.
1633094644566.png

The batteries on the top of the motor/inverter stack are at the back of the frunk. Still possible this could be an early design but there sure doesn't look like as much space as I originally anticipated from the maximum dimensions.
that's also a nice shot of the two 12v batteries.
Sponsored