Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I emailed my guide a few days ago but have heard crickets. :-(. I guess I need to try again.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
just called support - was denied in getting them to ask service center (appt next week) if i could get them - need to wait till their on the shop. getting closer though!

89hoya

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 1500, 2019 Model 3, 1995 Bronco
Just ordered a set in black (apparently you can get them in anthracite) and they will be delivered with my full size spare on September 8. Service folks have been very easy to work with.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
It is funny and / or sad that there is apparently no task these days simple enough to accomplish that directions are not required. I recently purchased a set of valve stem caps for a car and those came with installation instructions!

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It is funny and / or sad that there is apparently no task these days simple enough to accomplish that directions are not required. I recently purchased a set of valve stem caps for a car and those came with installation instructions!
I'm guessing it's because of the potential for the brakes to be hot. Strictly wanted to idiot proof that.

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Just ordered a set in black (apparently you can get them in anthracite) and they will be delivered with my full size spare on September 8. Service folks have been very easy to work with.
how much did you pay for the caps? cause I am being told a high price for them and I am questioning if I should get them anymore since its pretty high.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
You may want to call back and confirm they ordered the right part... They originally asked me if I wanted black/grey matte/glossy and we went back and forth a few times before I asked them to confirm these were for the 21" wheels. They said they thought they were universal for all Rivian wheels, and I said that was not my understanding. They said they'd research and call me back. Got a text message a few minutes later appologizing and that there was a special set for the 21" wheels -- no color options. Got those ordered!

Here's the work order they sent, including pricing and part number.

Did you get the same part #?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian 21" road wheel center cap installation guide 1661449222010

Sponsored

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm still over here waiting to hear what the actual range reduction is on the 21s without the aero covers. I can't imagine it's that much but would love to see some real-world tests.

SteveHeinz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Escalade, Audi A8L 4.0, F350
Occupation
Solar Industry, Director of Drone Surveys
Got a set of 4 standard black caps for my 21's on Amazon, $17.99 shipped...I can do without the logo I guess.
That is far less than 150.00 for the Rivan branded. Do they fit as they should, would you mind posting a picture?

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
That is far less than 150.00 for the Rivan branded. Do they fit as they should, would you mind posting a picture?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian 21" road wheel center cap installation guide IMG_5088.JPG

They fit great.

If you want to get fancy you can buy some Rivian logo stickers from Twraps.com. I didn't want to pay more money to put more logos on my truck.

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
You may want to call back and confirm they ordered the right part... They originally asked me if I wanted black/grey matte/glossy and we went back and forth a few times before I asked them to confirm these were for the 21" wheels. They said they thought they were universal for all Rivian wheels, and I said that was not my understanding. They said they'd research and call me back. Got a text message a few minutes later appologizing and that there was a special set for the 21" wheels -- no color options. Got those ordered!

Here's the work order they sent, including pricing and part number.

Did you get the same part #?

1661449222010.png
I called to local SC but got to the Service support, told them I want to buy those caps, they told me it doesn't exist. Then I told them I have a part#. The guy on the phone was really surprised and almost yelled and asked me "YOU HAVE A PART#???" - like it is something under top secret status. After a few seconds, the guy told me he will transfer my call to Support. Support answered in a few seconds and after repeating what I want they told me it doesn't exist. I said I have a part number. The lady said okay I will transfer your call to Service Support... I told them they transferred me to you. Then she put me on hold trying to get more info, and came back with the answer: "no parts or accessories are publicly available at this time and you will need to wait until it will be available in the gear shop"
Rivian loop.
If I will consider the fact that I change cars every 6-10 months and I have had my truck for 3 months already, I think I will not even get all-weather mats before selling the truck lol.

SteveHeinz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Escalade, Audi A8L 4.0, F350
Occupation
Solar Industry, Director of Drone Surveys
Thanks for the picture and Amazon Link! Just ordered some for myself. I can't imagine the range going down much with the plastic inserts removed, plus I would guess the wheels will stay cooler because of the extra ventilation ?? Plus the wheels without the inserts look WAY better, to me anyway :)
Sponsored