Sponsored

Rent your NACS to CCS adapter for a road trip?

jrtozer

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf
Does anyone have a NACS to CCS adapter they would be willing to rent for a road trip?

The A2Z typhoon adapter has 15-20 day shipping delay and I am leaving on a 3000 mile journey on Friday, Mar 22. Supercharging would be a game changer for this trip (to Texas for the eclipse). I could pick up in San Diego or pay for overnight shipping from elsewhere. Thanks. -JR
Sponsored

DeanB1452

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

Does anyone have a NACS to CCS adapter they would be willing to rent for a road trip?

The A2Z typhoon adapter has 15-20 day shipping delay and I am leaving on a 3000 mile journey on Friday, Mar 22. Supercharging would be a game changer for this trip (to Texas for the eclipse). I could pick up in San Diego or pay for overnight shipping from elsewhere. Thanks. -JR
I'm in the same boat with you! Leaving from SF Bay Area on 4/4, going to Ft. Worth for the Eclipse, then through Monument Valley and Moab to see my 96-yo grandparents in SLC, then back home on 4/20 totaling over 4200 miles. I still have some time to see if I can borrow or rent an adapter before my trip, but ordering one is too late and getting one from Rivian won't happen by 4/4. Even if they go by VIN (mine is 00004x) it probably still won't get here until the end of April or May at best.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I'm in the same boat with you! Leaving from SF Bay Area on 4/4, going to Ft. Worth for the Eclipse, then through Monument Valley and Moab to see my 96-yo grandparents in SLC, then back home on 4/20 totaling over 4200 miles. I still have some time to see if I can borrow or rent an adapter before my trip, but ordering one is too late and getting one from Rivian won't happen by 4/4. Even if they go by VIN (mine is 00004x) it probably still won't get here until the end of April or May at best.
Check the map - there really aren't that many compatible Tesla Superchargers in the out of the way places (yet). Nothing in Monument Valley (or northern Arizona, except Kingman, and one spot half way between Kingman and Las Vegas). I noted one in St. George, but most of southern Utah didn't have any. There were several Superchargers in New Mexico, but only one was northeast of Albuquerque.
I was going to order an adapter from Lectron or A2Z, but I don't see where the current compatible Superchargers would be of much help. Perhaps if I was taking an interstate trip, as you are, there would be some locations that would make a difference.

Last edited:

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

There are a ton of newly open NACS-compatible stations opening in Texas though, which has previously been a challenging area. Esp. If you are traveling the Amarillo-Lubbock direction.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have an adapter that I ordered from A2Z and also have one on order from Lectron.

I might be interested in renting mine out if I have no use for it April or May but would probably want it back for June or July.

At some point I was thinking of selling off the back-up adapters and stick with the stock one.

I'll keep an eye on this thread but what worries me is if someone bricks their vehicle using a third party adapter that I lent them.

I don't want to wait for the official charger to show up and just ordered one from A2Z using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

I also put an order in for the Lectron one and will post up a review on both later.

Folks who ordered A2Z adapter 2 - 3 weeks ago are receiving it now. This is what the company has to say about availability.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

1711036370898-5j-png-png.png

Here we are!

Just wanted to drop in and say we’re here for you all, ready to chat and help out on the forum whenever you need.

Let's clarify something:
We have stock, we receive inventory almost everyday and we ship hundreds of orders daily since the 5th of January. Over a thousand Ford owners are already using our adapters on Tesla Superchargers since the 29th of February.

Now, about the wait time for this adapter—it's taking 2-3 weeks to ship because we've got a ton of orders to handle, we’re super strict about checking each adapter (yep, every single one gets inspected and tested in China and Canada), and our shipping team isn’t huge. But don’t worry, we’re on it! We’re thinking about bringing more folks on board to speed things up. Just hang tight, we’re getting there and improving how fast we can get these adapters out to you.

As a side note, we are the only company currently shipping NACS to CCS1 adapters, the only one...

- A2Z EV
Sponsored

Last edited: