First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Now that they have stated a removable top is slated for mid 2022 maybe if we get enough request they can expedite that. That hummer is big and ugly and way overpriced, but damn that removable top is cool. That was my number 2 disappointment besides the 400 mile option postponed. But praying that extended range patent bears fruit too. Who else on here wanted to see that?
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Having driven convertibles for 25 years, count me in. I don't think they could do removable glass though, as I suspect it'd be too heavy for people to move around. Glass density can range from lighter than aluminum to heavier than iron. I'd guess it'd have some sort of central column and be in panels, so it might be manageable. I'd like it.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I too am holding out for removable top. It is supposed to be two piece, but the Hummer is 4 piece and fits in the frunk, which is really nice. I do have a Hummer reservation and am waiting to see who can deliver me my dream truck first. I want maximum range and removable roof. I actually would take a solid metal roof over a glass one since I live in Phoenix.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Hopefully it’s not removable in the same way some other electric automaker’s roofs. ?

OP
OP
Blur1t

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I too am holding out for removable top. It is supposed to be two piece, but the Hummer is 4 piece and fits in the frunk, which is really nice. I do have a Hummer reservation and am waiting to see who can deliver me my dream truck first. I want maximum range and removable roof. I actually would take a solid metal roof over a glass one since I live in Phoenix.
I heard a rumor the R1T was supposed to store in bed. But speculation at this point. Hummer does look sweet but just a beast, bit out of my ability to sweet talk my wife into... ? lot more truck there too. I owned a rubicon just loved it, love that open air. Nothing beats that.
Sponsored