Sponsored

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

After a long wait form 2018 finally took delivery of the exact model I saw at the LA auto show back in 2018. Minus a slight change on wood trim. No major issues, at delivery center, the whole process lasted about an hour. I immediately took her for a burn and already have 200 miles . I took the cargo bars I ordered so they could install and glad I did that. The lock flaps were not closing and one side was loose. Seems like a configuration issue if other have that problem just open a ticket and they will come and fix it. Otherwise sharing some pictures "sparky" I already good pulled over on day 2 and warned about front lic plate. Those in CA there is a sticker option available but still debating placement. I know I don't want to drill holes for sure!

Sharing some pictures. Please let me know if you see anything off on the trip or build quality issues etc. your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

My next step is to get the front windows and possible windshield with 80% ceramic tint as well as ceramic coating for exterior and interior. Would be great to get suggestions on Tint, and C -coating options and costs. I have a quote for Ext: Xpel 4ys warranty $950 & $750 for interior. Not doing PPF $5.6K is steep and I want to gloss to show its full potential. Bummed that I don't have a spare tire. Seems like they don't have the jacks but I'm on the waiting list. Enjoy the photos!
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0559.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0580.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0582.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0583.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0579.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0588.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0589.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0590.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0583.JPEG
;)

Rivian R1T R1S Recent Delivery: R1S Adventure Package, Forest Green/Ocean Coast/Ash Interior IMG_0581 (2).JPEG
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Excellent! Congratulations. You should be able to do front PPF for $2200.
Isnt there a factory front ppf option for 1500? Just curious, Is that any different from 2200$ ppf?
Thanks..

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Isnt there a factory front ppf option for 1500? Just curious, Is that any different from 2200$ ppf?
Thanks..
Quality of PPF application by a local shop (pricing will obviously vary) will likely be better.

beyond

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Occupation
The Cloud
Personally I like the built right brand front plate holder, it’s offset on the front row hook. Takes a little adjustment to keep it from setting off the sensors but I can share my placement photos with folks if it helps. Been super happy with it.

Sponsored

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Looks stunning! Enjoy and congrats.

Can you share where you picked up the organizer for the center console? I need me one of those :)

OP
OP
indophat

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

Thanks..
Factory option is not tucked edges so you will ga e a dust line after a while. Also PPF dulls the pain gloss a bit. I got a quote for full PPF Xpel tucked edges and no removal of parts (voids warranty) for $5600.

OP
OP
indophat

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

Personally I like the built right brand front plate holder, it’s offset on the front row hook. Takes a little adjustment to keep it from setting off the sensors but I can share my placement photos with folks if it helps. Been super happy with it.
Yes I’m thinking of getting that one as well don’t mind off center look. Currently using double sided tape for the temp plate. It’s $65 for that clamp 🗜 right ?

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
Excellent! Congratulations. You should be able to do front PPF for $2200. There is also a Rivian non-drill option from the aftermarket.

No Drill: https://everyamp.com/shop/snapplate-r1t-r1s-2022/
If you go to the Xpel website and use their Rivian referral tool, you will get a emailed quote from every PPF shop in town over the next few days. Half will remember they have a $1500 deal with Rivian, and half will not. Half of those who do not will remember when reminded. All will have additional bits of PPF to sell you for more, some of which you may wish to buy. Don’t let anyone tell you that you must pay over $1500 to get the front-end PPF done locally though. I think Xpel is giving the shops a deal on the material so they can make this price work.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
If you go to the Xpel website and use their Rivian referral tool, you will get a emailed quote from every PPF shop in town over the next few days. Half will remember they have a $1500 deal with Rivian, and half will not. Half of those who do not will remember when reminded. All will have additional bits of PPF to sell you for more, some of which you may wish to buy. Don’t let anyone tell you that you must pay over $1500 to get the front-end PPF done locally though. I think Xpel is giving the shops a deal on the material so they can make this price work.
Can you please post the link for XPEL Rivian referral tool? I didn't know about it, I have quote for $2400 for Front PPF XPEL ultimate plus and $1350 for XPEL Ceramic from local bay area shop.

Edited: Found the link: https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian

Sponsored

Shnork

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan rouge , Subaru Legacy
Occupation
pA
Congrats , sparky looks awesome. had same config but switched to limestone after test drive with limestone R1S, wife was concerned green would get dated. Go figure.

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Factory option is not tucked edges so you will ga e a dust line after a while. Also PPF dulls the pain gloss a bit. I got a quote for full PPF Xpel tucked edges and no removal of parts (voids warranty) for $5600.
Do you mind sharing the shop info for where you went? $5600 isn't bad if they wrapped edges...even if it was the 5yr film. Did you request that they remove/reinstall badges? I'm in SoCal. Thx

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
Can you please post the link for XPEL Rivian referral tool? I didn't know about it, I have quote for $2400 for Front PPF XPEL ultimate plus and $1350 for XPEL Ceramic from local bay area shop.

Edited: Found the link: https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian
That’s the link. Use a junk email though, they distribute it pretty widely.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you have success with this in Colorado? I already dropped mine off at a reputable shop to get the entire front done for $2,100. Would be surprised if many shops are still honoring because most of the cost for PPF is in labor, not materials.

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
This is not correct; I have the factory installed front PPF and all edges are tucked… What they did different was at the most sharp edges there is a 1-2mm section dipped in to avoid them having issues at the very sharp edges. There are maybe 4 areas with a small edge not covered… No issues and it looks great. You have to get within inches of the paint to even see it. All other edges are all fully tucked. Hope this helps anyone hesitant on the factory option!
Sponsored