Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (launch green, 22" dark); Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

I received an email on Tuesday, August 16th, requesting me to confirm my R1S configuration - Limestone, 22" bright, black mountain (DC area). Rivian also assigned my guide at that time. I decided to change the exterior color to launch green and spoke to my guide about it. She confirmed (1) that the limestone configuration would likely have been delivered by the end of September (my delivery window was August/September), and (2) the change in color would delay my delivery time, but she didn't know by how much (as has been discussed, Rivian batch processes manufacturing by paint color, among other factors). We'll see what happens to the delivery time; the guide indicated that Rivian plans to provide updated delivery windows across the board within the next couple of weeks.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats! What was your reservation date?

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I decided to change the exterior color to launch green and spoke to my guide about it. She confirmed (1) that the limestone configuration would likely have been delivered by the end of September (my delivery window was August/September), and (2) the change in color would delay my delivery time, but she didn't know by how much (as has been discussed, Rivian batch processes manufacturing by paint color, among other factors).
I was of the belief Launch Green was an exclusive color sold out with Launch Editions months ago. Has that changed or is nobody involved in your transaction aware of that?

Let us know...

OP
OP

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

I was of the belief Launch Green was an exclusive color sold out with Launch Editions months ago. Has that changed or is nobody involved in your transaction aware of that?

Let us know...
MY R1S is a Launch Edition.

Sponsored

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP

Let us know...
If his delivery window is August/September, his R1S is a Launch Edition and eligible for the Launch Green color.

OP
OP

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

I should add that my understanding is that anybody with a Launch Edition R1S order can get launch green.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

June 2020.

Wow odd in may 2019 in DC area and don't even have a guide. Please keep in touch and let us know when you will get delivery.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
MY R1S is a Launch Edition.
Yes, but Launch Green was supposedly an exclusive color that was sold out i.e. no more new Launch Green orders, even amongst LE orders changing color. The forum here is loaded with posts like this...

Yeah I have asked previously if there were any Launch Green undelivered would I be able to purchase one and was told NO. I don't care about the launch part, but LG is still my favorite color.

..and others stating cancellations or color changes of LG orders would not free up additional LG orders...

...more official up is down and yes is no, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

OP
OP

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

Yes, but Launch Green was supposedly an exclusive color that was sold out i.e. no more new Launch Green orders, even amongst LE orders changing color...
My understanding is that any Launch Edition order holder can get launch green. To the best of my knowledge (and my conversation with the guide seems to bear this out), Rivian hasn't manufactured any production versions of the launch green R1S, yet. Absent a limited quantity of launch green paint, I don't know why an LE order holder couldn't get that color, unless Rivian not only wanted to limit launch green to LE holders, but to a limited number of LE holders.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I don't know why an LE order holder couldn't get that color, unless Rivian not only wanted to limit launch green to LE holders, but to a limited number of LE holders.

...you asked and answered why. Do keep us posted if/when your LG is confirmed, though. I'm rooting for you...

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
My understanding is that any Launch Edition order holder can get launch green. To the best of my knowledge (and my conversation with the guide seems to bear this out), Rivian hasn't manufactured any production versions of the launch green R1S, yet. Absent a limited quantity of launch green paint, I don't know why an LE order holder couldn't get that color, unless Rivian not only wanted to limit launch green to LE holders, but to a limited number of LE holders.
They've delivered two Launch Green R1S' to Rivian employees that I know of, and would imagine they're production versions. One I've seen has California state plates on it and registered. Hopefully soon we will know more about timelines for those lucky few that have recently received their R1S VIN.

OP
OP

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

Wow odd in may 2019 in DC area and don't even have a guide. Please keep in touch and let us know when you will get delivery.
@kanandrum - Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that GW is late on the list of colors to be manufactured.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
@kanandrum - Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that GW is late on the list of colors to be manufactured.
An employee's wife took delivery of a GW R1S yesterday in Costa Mesa.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad