First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ that must be a Manufacturer plate vehicle... no registration/temp registration or inspection/10-day temp inspection on the windshield, no front lice plate or even a plate frame on the front bumper.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

^ that must be a Manufacturer plate vehicle... no registration/temp registration or inspection/10-day temp inspection on the windshield, no front lice plate or even a plate frame on the front bumper.
Not all states require inspections or front plates.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Gotta love the irony here given Rivian can't sell or service in North Carolina
I had the same though about the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (pension fund) investing in Rivian.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Gotta love the irony here given Rivian can't sell or service in North Carolina

There has been several call outs to that on twitter hahaha

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Not all states require inspections or front plates.
If you're suggesting that the truck is an out of state visitor.. that still doesn't explain the fact that it has no reg or ins. stickers on the windshield? Unless there's a state where you can literally drive around with just a rear lic. plate and nothing else the only other logical explanation is it's a "manufacturer plate" truck.

If it's a NY non-government vehicle, then it's missing 3 out of 4 things legally required to be on NY roadways.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

If you're suggesting that the truck is an out of state visitor.. that still doesn't explain the fact that it has no reg or ins. stickers on the windshield? Unless there's a state where you can literally drive around with just a rear lic. plate and nothing else the only other logical explanation is it's a "manufacturer plate" truck.

If it's a NY non-government vehicle, then it's missing 3 out of 4 things legally required to be on NY roadways.
No window stickers required in IL. Front plates are required but many EVs don't attach them.

The only window sticker I've ever heard of was town/village stickers, but even those have been phased out now.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
No window stickers required in IL. Front plates are required but many EVs don't attach them.

The only window sticker I've ever heard of was town/village stickers, but even those have been phased out now.
Nothing more than a rear paper temporary tag required in many states...including mine.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Unless there's a state where you can literally drive around with just a rear lic. plate and nothing else
Not sure did I get all the details, but that sounds like my state. I only have rear plate and nothing more. TN

EDIT:
Just to be clearer: I don't have a front license plate and no stickers on the windshield.
There is a sticker on the rear plate itself that's basically two last digits of the year, which displays to when registration is valid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
From Instagram. He has an entire walkthrough of the exterior/interior on his story if you click through it: mikhlik
Interesting to see the Mobile Service badge and finally an interior color other than Black Mountain...

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 11.47.30 AM

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
He has an entire walkthrough of the exterior/interior on his story if you click through it:
My biggest takeaway:
Wisely, Rivian mobile service will use Milwaukee tools.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Don't confuse things legally required to be on a NY registered vehicle, and legally able to drive in NY. I'm from Pennsylvania, and can very much drive in NY legally, with only the rear license plate, and no NY inspections. Pennsylvania has its own inspections, but they may not match NY's. Every state has different rules. Doesn't mean it's illegal to be on the road in another state.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My biggest takeaway:
Wisely, Rivian mobile service will use Milwaukee tools.

My biggest take away is Russian vloggers get higher priority than us east coasters ahaha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf (2016), Mustang Mach E (2021)
From Instagram. He has an entire walkthrough of the exterior/interior on his story if you click through it: mikhlik
Interesting to see the Mobile Service badge and finally an interior color other than Black Mountain...

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 11.47.30 AM.png
This picture makes me think of switching my order to Forest Green. It's gorgeous in the sun.
Sponsored