Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
So when eco mode it recalibrates the battery charge indicator so 70% actual capacity shows 100% on the meter?

Seems…. Odd.
Makes sense to me, given the context of the meter showing available capacity, not total. A little less math to do in one’s head.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Makes sense to me, given the context of the meter showing available capacity, not total. A little less math to do in one’s head.
Seems illogical to me. I understand capping the charge at 70%, but you still have 70% charge, so I would expect the meter to show 70%. Just seems really odd, to me.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like an interesting time to have your phone out and taking pics....and such nicely framed one too.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like an interesting time to have your phone out and taking pics....and such nicely framed one too.
It's just you. Lol

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Seems illogical to me. I understand capping the charge at 70%, but you still have 70% charge, so I would expect the meter to show 70%. Just seems really odd, to me.
I agree. Showing 40% of 70% would be very confusing. For example what if I charge in trip mode to 100% and then switch to commute/eco mode. Do I jump to 142% or drive for 60 miles or so at 100%?

Or just simple discussions that people usually have, would become difficult. Like I charged my vehicle from 20%-80% in 15 minutes. Ok which mode?

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, while driving is a bad time to have your phone out and taking pictures. Because it’s illegal.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Yes, while driving is a bad time to have your phone out and taking pictures. Because it’s illegal.
But it's such an informative shot. :sun: Have we ever seen that particular screen view before?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Although, the car is stopped at a red light.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

What leads you to believe the driver took the photo? A passenger could have snapped it.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Pretty sure it is at the very least unsafe in all jurisdictions ?
I believe if you shift into park or neutral, then take the shot, you're good for IL last time I checked. I didn't zoom in to see where he is shifted.

Whether or not it is legal to park in the street at a red light is a different question :)

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I believe if you shift into park or neutral, then take the shot, you're good for IL last time I checked. I didn't zoom in to see where he is shifted.

Whether or not it is legal to park in the street at a red light is a different question :)
No zoom needed. ((H)) hold. The car is holding the brake at the light. It's beyond safe.
Sponsored