Sponsored

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C8, GX
Occupation
IT
After Prospeed failed to send me anything after 8+ weeks, I ordered a Sierra rack from Range Industries @RANGE INDUSTRIES. It shipped in less than a week, arrived exceptionally well packaged, and is now on my truck underneath an iKamper Mini 2.0. Note, the cross bars on the Sierra rack are 1.5" while the iKamper brackets support cross bars up to 1.2". Our solution was to fabricate some nut plates to slide into the tent rails and bolt the tent on with 80/20 brackets. Note the tent is intentionally off center, as I snagged a used Kinsmen awning and plan on putting that on the driver's side.

Rivian R1T R1S Range Industries Sierra Bed Rack installed ANJAEkZ

Rivian R1T R1S Range Industries Sierra Bed Rack installed XlfIDKh

Rivian R1T R1S Range Industries Sierra Bed Rack installed 7OGNYMx

Rivian R1T R1S Range Industries Sierra Bed Rack installed OMe07K5

Overall I'm really happy with it - it's a couple inches taller than the Prospeed, which I originally didn't want for aero/efficiency reasons. With it installed, I've now realized that the extra couple of inches makes my rear view mirror more useful, which is a nice perk.

Rivian R1T R1S Range Industries Sierra Bed Rack installed IA85gQc
Sponsored

rivianchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Clubs

I have a frontrunner bed rack that is mounted beneath my ikamper mini 3.0. The rack is only 6" in height from the bedrails and although it's a sleek setup, my range is impacted due to the roof spoiler directing airflow straight into the front of my ikamper. I would imagine with your setup, airflow is being directed below your RTT and doesn't have a significant impact on range. Is that accurate to say?

OP
OP

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C8, GX
Occupation
IT
I have a frontrunner bed rack that is mounted beneath my ikamper mini 3.0. The rack is only 6" in height from the bedrails and although it's a sleek setup, my range is impacted due to the roof spoiler directing airflow straight into the front of my ikamper. I would imagine with your setup, airflow is being directed below your RTT and doesn't have a significant impact on range. Is that accurate to say?
I havenā€™t gone anywhere yet, but thatā€™s an interesting point - Iā€™m curious to see how it ends up.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Just add some cheap clear ppf from amazon over those aero holes. I used a 12" wide roll. Super easy to install

OP
OP

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C8, GX
Occupation
IT
Went out last weekend about an hour from home -- didn't take particularly close notes on range data, but on a ~60mi (each way / mostly highway) drive, I ended up being more efficient than what Rivian nav predicted. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to have any material impact on range.

Rivian R1T R1S Range Industries Sierra Bed Rack installed 8Et1e4y

Next up is to find a reasonable mounting solution for the fridge.
Sponsored