lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

I really want to see suitcase in the back of that. How many full sized can fit and then smaller things. It is a test I like to do on any vehicle I purchase. It is the thing the average person does to load up on space (other than as a work vehicle)

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

I really want to see suitcase in the back of that. How many full sized can fit and then smaller things. It is a test I like to do on any vehicle I purchase. It is the thing the average person does to load up on space (other than as a work vehicle)
That's not a bad idea, I wonder if there's a way to have them show that at one of the R2 events? To me the space looks bigger that that of the R1S ( with the back row up of course), but that's just my perception though, I could be wrong. But It does look to me that it has more space than most vehicles similar in size. And don't forget you also have the frunk space and the two glove boxes, one of which can fit a laptop according to RJ.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I want to see an IKEA test, seeing the largest IKEA package that can be stored based on various criteria (all seats up, rear seats only down, rear seats and front passenger seat down). To me, that's the most relevant real world testing data.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I'm 6', and my standard test is to get in an position the driver seat to a comfortable position for me.

Then I get out and go sit in the seat behind it to measure the size and comfort in the back seat.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! Does the roof seem less tinted than in the R1's? Frunk tub definitely looks smaller.

I'd be interested to see someone start tapping around on the touchscreen. See if you can get us a sneak peek on software version numbers, Netflix/media app availability, or anything like that. You'll break the Internet if you find a CarPlay menu, haha. 😆

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 1500SLT Crew cab
Occupation
Retired
For those that want to get a 360 degree view from inside of the R2

Love the R2 and R3. Just wish the production would have started this year!

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 1500SLT Crew cab
Occupation
Retired
I'm 6', and my standard test is to get in an position the driver seat to a comfortable position for me.

Then I get out and go sit in the seat behind it to measure the size and comfort in the back seat.
That's what RJ did at the opening.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I hate two tone interior where the headliner is light color like that. I really hope they allow you to configure it with black so that the whole interior is black when selecting black seats. That's the one thing I love about my R1T interior

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

That's not a bad idea, I wonder if there's a way to have them show that at one of the R2 events? To me the space looks bigger that that of the R1S ( with the back row up of course), but that's just my perception though, I could be wrong. But It does look to me that it has more space than most vehicles similar in size. And don't forget you also have the frunk space and the two glove boxes, one of which can fit a laptop according to RJ.
I was thinking the space would be somewhere in-between my R1S with 3rd row down and the 3rd row up. Frunk is great but taking 4-5 people to the airport, luggage carryons etc etc.... That is my question. That is the fullest my vehicle will ever be, aside from the first year of college move in (September 24)

Sponsored

jupiterking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Prime
You can't touch the R2s at demo places, but can you hold a tape measure out into the trunk? 🤣

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! Does the roof seem less tinted than in the R1's? Frunk tub definitely looks smaller.

I'd be interested to see someone start tapping around on the touchscreen. See if you can get us a sneak peek on software version numbers, Netflix/media app availability, or anything like that. You'll break the Internet if you find a CarPlay menu, haha. 😆
seems lighter, but i did confirm the vehicle is still not 100% final, so glass color can change. Frunk looks definitely smaller, but still bigger than what a lot of others are offering. as far as touching, there are like 6 people watching every ones slightest twitch towards the vehicle. wouldn't be surprised if you were pinned to the floor and being dragged away the second you motion towards that screen lol

srh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, R1T reserved
You can't touch the R2s at demo places, but can you hold a tape measure out into the trunk? 🤣
Can someone please go to one of these with a laser measure to measure the trunk? Is that too much to ask?! Ha
Sponsored