• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Colorado R1T Launch Green, Forest Edge for sale

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
Honestly though, I’m glad you were able to enjoy your truck for a bit and hope you end up with something that works out better! And thanks for the feedback on the tires!
I had to try REAL hard NOT to enjoy it! You should see the texting to my wife about changing my mind :) I barely drove it, maybe 12 miles, because it was too sweet! So I'm just walking past it in our garage trying not to look; I feel it's like the pretty woman walking down the sidewalk, just don't stare... Worse, the vehicle that will suite me best currently is going to be a Canyon Denali (I can get one with a non-gray interior :) ) that won't be out until next fall, probably. Could be even later depending on chips and all that. So real hard not to at least drive the Rivian until then.
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

If I was going to sell my truck which I'm not if I ever get it. I would tell the truth on why I sold it and thats to offset my losses on RIVN stock :crying:

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
If I was going to sell my truck which I'm not if I ever get it. I would tell the truth on why I sold it and thats to offset my losses on RIVN stock :crying:
Whew, right!? I believe it will come back, but not sure if I have enough conviction to double down. A year from now people might easily say, "remember when you could buy Rivian for only x?"

Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Payload varies greatly depending on wheel/tire and configuration. I have never seen the supposed # of 1760lbs. Some of the posted stickers show around 1300lb payload, some nearly 1600. If you can't see why payload matters, I wonder if you have any experience with trucks, camping, or towing...lol, indeed.

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
Buy low, sell high!

Why do we care what the OP does with their property? Should we sell other property the same price we bought it? Last time I checked this is still the U.S. of A
That's a great question! Because even in the U.S. of A., nuance exists and life is better for everyone when people approach business endeavors with at least some level of concern for doing right by others. Example:

Scenario 1) someone reserves high demand/low supply property with intent to use it themselves, and then circumstances change and they decide to sell it...no problem! Sell it for whatever you want, it's no one else's business but your own!!!

Scenario 2) someone reserves high demand/low supply property with intent to resell for profit...I have issues with this. It's a parasitic activity that's harmful to other consumers' interests and defeats the purpose of reservation systems that are ostensibly intended to more fairly distribute high demand property when supplies are most constrained.

OP's situation sounds like it's mostly scenario scenario 1 so I don't really care, but he also admitted money had an influence which makes it a little scenario 2 and that's why he's getting hazed.

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
That's a great question! Because even in the U.S. of A., nuance exists and life is better for everyone when people approach business endeavors with at least some level of concern for doing right by others. Example:

Scenario 2) someone reserves high demand/low supply property with intent to resell for profit...I have issues with this. It's a parasitic activity that's harmful to other consumers' interests and defeats the purpose of reservation systems that are ostensibly intended to more fairly distribute high demand property when supplies are most constrained.

OP's situation sounds like it's mostly scenario scenario 1 so I don't really care, but he also admitted money had an influence which makes it a little scenario 2 and that's why he's getting hazed.
I pretty much agree with the sentiment, but I would argue that no one knew (or at least I didn't know) in advance that these would be high demand/low supply when I put down the deposit. And they wouldn't have been if all the unforeseen issues at Rivian hadn't arisen. In fact I didn't even know when they raised the price and then lowered it back; only figuring there would be some potential market for the difference between old and new prices. But when I saw the crazy high prices ($150k!?) that some were asking with success...well, that's a little different :)

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
That's a great question! Because even in the U.S. of A., nuance exists and life is better for everyone when people approach business endeavors with at least some level of concern for doing right by others...
It is in no way anyone's business except the seller and the buyer how and why this transaction occurs.

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
It is in no way anyone's business except the seller and the buyer how and why this transaction occurs.
If OP wants to solicit on a public message board, it's anyone's business that wants it to be to judge how and why. If he doesn't like the scrutiny, he's free to keep his private business private.

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Listing soon on Cars and Bids with no reserve, Launch Green with Forest Edge interior and 21" road wheels with full sized spare. 50 miles. This will be the first one (on C&B) with the green interior which is so much nicer looking, especially with LG exterior, IMO, than the same charcoal interior every other vehicle in the world seems to have these days. Part of the Forest Edge interior includes the natural finish on the Ash trim which, again, I think looks so much richer and natural than the blackened wood in the Black Mountain interiors. Combined with the Launch Edition trims and textures throughout it's a stunning interior.

I was able to compare the road noise of the 20" wheel/tire with the 21" combo and the road tire is considerably quieter. It's an unbelievably quiet ride at 70 mph. Added to the extra 10-15% range that Rivian and Pirelli claim for the 21 and I think it's the best choice for everything except the most serious off-roading.

20220518_160035.jpg

How did you compare the road noise?

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
If OP wants to solicit on a public message board, it's anyone's business that wants it to be to judge how and why. If he doesn't like the scrutiny, he's free to keep his private business private.
My mistake. I thought we were all adults here driving and owning and buying and selling 800 hp supertrucks, not little kiddos talking smack about the kid lucky enough to get dropped off at school in 800 hp supertrucks.

OP
OP

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
My mistake. I thought we were all adults here driving and owning and buying and selling 800 hp supertrucks, not little kiddos talking smack about the kid lucky enough to get dropped off at school in 800 hp supertrucks.
I personally agree with both of the above statements. I don't mind the scrutiny, or the challenges, or even what I would just plain call "the haters". I expected that based on many earlier posts by others who began selling either their trucks or their place in line. I don't understand their issue(s) with the prospective sale, but they're certainly free to express their opinion.

And yes, it would be nice to think we're all adults, just as I would have wished some former presidential primary candidates would not have felt they had to talk about who had an adequate sized member as part of their presidential qualifications, but, alas...

My only goal is to sell my truck at the maximum price to someone who voluntarily wants to pay for it and has the disposable income available to do it. As far as anything else that's written? It probably helps boost viewership which can only help achieve my goal.

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
lol are you suggesting adults can't have or share opinions you don't agree with?
Sponsored